Chapter 18 - Don't

Poppy POV

Today was Monday. Which means I need to go to school. I'm actually feeling pretty confident. My thigh healed and so did my arm.

I decided I should wear a little white dress. I've worn dresses to school but they were usually under my knees.

This dress is above my knees in mid thigh level. I slip the dress on and today I decided not to take my car. I barely walked or ran while my thigh was was healing and I'm glad I can walk normally again.

I just couldn't wait to see the shock faces of everyone when they see me. I know everyone knows what happened. Considering it was posted on the school's website, which surprisingly wasn't taken down yet, and on social media.

I felt better than ever today and I actually smiled from ear to ear.

I walked into school and all eyes were on me. Including Ryder's. Our gazes lock until he looks away.

I keep in a sigh daring to escape from my lips and walk over to my locker.

I start putting in the combination. When I was about to open my locker, I was pushed onto the lockers and turned around. I meet a pair of hazel eyes.

Cody Anderson.

He looks at me up and down. His eyes stop at my breasts. I start feeling uncomfortable.

"Don't ever wear a dress to school again. You hear me?" He says, pure anger filled in his eyes.

Without thinking,

"Excuse me?" I said. Just then I realized I just talked in front of the whole school. All eyes were on us.

Cody's eyes widen. "You can talk?" He asks in disbelief.

"Yes, I can. Now I can wear whatever I want to wear. What's your problem?" I say furrowing my brows.

There was a silence.

"No guy should look at you the same way I do." He says lowly, his brown-green hazel eyes looking into my blue ones.

And for once, his eyes told me he wasn't lying.

Ryder POV

I watched as Cody pinned Poppy to the lockers. Their eyes locked with each other. Another silence filled the hallways. We all heard what Cody said.

"No guy should look at you the same way I do."

Cody leaned in and started kissing Poppy. My eyes widen. How dare he do that?!

Poppy didn't react nicely. She pushed Cody off her body and Cody looked surprised that she didn't kiss him back. I, on the other hand, was glad.

Even though she rejected me, I still liked her. I was trying to get her off my head, but I always failed.

Poppy was on my mind 24/7.

No matter how hard I try to forget her...I can't do that.

I still like her. A lot.