19. Escape

"I'm sorry, Mr. Styles" The Doctor shrugged. "I just can't let you visit the suspect."

Harry had rushed over to the hospital after being questioned by several police officers.

"I just want to see if he's okay." Harry begged. "Please."

"Why do you even care about that criminal? Didn't he kidnap you?" The Doctor furrowed his brows.

"He's not a bad person." Harry added. "He's just made mistakes.. We all have."

"Well, I'm sorry sir.." The Doctor shook his head. "I can't let in any visitors.. Maybe you can visit him in prison."

The Doctor walked away, leaving Harry by himself.

He sighed. He knew had to see Louis one last time.

Sure, Louis had kidnapped him and held him hostage.. but he wasn't a bad guy. He just did bad things.

Harry figured he could try and find Louis' room on his own. He looked around, making sure no one was around. He snuck into the back room, looking through each door hoping to find the one Louis was in.

Harry finally came up to a room at the end of the hall. He stood up on his tiptoes, looking through the tiny window to the patient room.

There he was.. The man who had tormented him the night before. The man who had kidnapped him. The man who had kissed him. The man who had opened up to him.

He looked so peaceful while he laid there on that hospital bed with his eyes closed.

Harry slowly opened up the door, walking deeper into the room. He crept up close to the bed. He could see a bandage wrapped tightly around the criminal's abdomen.

Harry leaned in close to Louis' face.

"Hey Louis.." He whispered. "I had to see you one last time.. I had to make sure you were okay."

He grabbed Louis' hand.

"I'm sorry, Louis.." He sighed. "I'm sorry you got shot because of me."

Louis opened up one eye, smiling up at the curly-headed boy above him.

"Only you would blame yourself for me getting shot." Louis chuckled.

"Louis!" Harry gasped. "You're awake!"

"Don't get all soft on me, now.." He sat up in his bed. "Wait.. Why are you even here?"

"I snuck in." Harry grabbed his shoulder. "I just.. I had to make sure you were okay.. Are you okay?"

"Yeah.." Louis groaned through the pain. "It hurts like hell but I think I'll be alright."

Harry smiled. "Good."

Louis sighed when he realized something. "So.. are the cops outside waiting for me?"

Harry gave a somber frown. "Yeah.."

Louis looked down at his lap. His eyes welled up with tears. He knew he had to go back to that wretched prison.

"That's why I'm gonna sneak you out of here.."

Louis' eyes widened. "W-What?"

"I said.." Harry gave a cheeky smile. "That's why I'm gonna sneak you out of here. Now get up."

Louis shook his head in disbelief.

"Wait.. Wait.." He paused. "YOU are gonna sneak ME out? Why?"

"Because.." Harry held his hand out. "I like you."

Louis blushed before grabbing his hand.

"I like you too."

Harry helped Louis up from the bed.

"Now, come on.." He pulled Louis toward the window. "You're not going back to prison today."