76 | Real Life

— the next day —

Jack's POV
4:31am
I haven't had any sleep, Neither has Corbyn, We are both sat, eyes fixed open, next to Kamryn who is currently laying unconscious in a hospital bed. I can't look at her because it gives me so much pain to see her that way, but I can't take my eyes off of her, because even though she was in this state, she was still the gorgeous, beautiful, over all amazing girl I fell in love with, I just want to know if she feels the same.
It had now been 8 hours since we found Kamryn in that alleyway, tears appear in my eyes everytime I think about it, who would want to do that to her, I'm gonna kill whoever it was...

Corbyn's POV
4:58am
Jack and I decided that we were going to stay with Kamryn, none of us had spoken, we had nothing to say. The room was silent, apart from the beeping of the machines that Kamryn was hooked to, all of the wires that came cascading from her arms and chest, you could hear the very moment when your soul shattered into a million pieces after seeing Kamryn's lifeless body.

'Ping' an alert on my phone broke the silence, I picked it up revealing a text from Greg:
'Corbyn, we have just landed, Logan is on our way to pick us up then we are coming straight to the hospital'
The message read.

"Who was it?" Jack muttered under his breath, tears still falling from his eyes.
"Greg, him and Emery had just landed, Logan's on his way to pick them up"

— 30 minutes later —

Corbyn's POV
5:27am

"Kamryn!" Someone shouted as they burst throw the door to Kamryn's room. Jack and I both jumped out of our seats. A girl came running over to Kamryn and wrapped her arms around as much of Kamryn as she could.
The girl was quite tall, definitely taller than Kamryn, she had long, wavy blond hair and was wearing a simple yellow hoodie and black leggings with some black adidas superstars.
"I take it your Jack?" she questioned, looking up to Jack, staring at his hair.

Jack's POV
5:28am

"I take it your Jack?" she questioned as she looked up from the hug, she was staring at my hair, just like Kamryn did when I first met her, except Kamryn's eyes were filled with hope, and glistened from the sunlight that seeped through the airplane window, this girls eyes were sore, red and looked as if there was a lost soul hidden behind them.
"Emery?" I questioned back. She nodded silently towards me.

"Kamryn?" The door squeaked open again, to reveal a concerned looking father, a father who looked broken to see his daughter, unresponsive in a hospital bed.
"Can I speak to you?" I asked Greg, he replied a simple yes and we began walking outside of the building.

"Kamryn's step mom.." I started off my sentence, only to be interrupted by Greg.
"Are you sure that I want to hear this?"
"I'm positive" I replied, trying to speak as fast as possible so I could get back to Kamryn's side.
"She... slept with underaged boys ... Kamryn figured it out and tried to expose her.... but she hired thugs to beat Kamryn and put her in hospital.. And now she's done it again, because Kamryn said that she was going to tell Logan... that's why Logan never knew that they were related, because Logan would've told you and you would've split up with her but now Kamryn's in hospital and It's all her fault and ugh I just want Kamryn back because I love her so much." my breath started to quicken and my heart started to beat so fast that you could practically hear it from a mile away. My speech began to get faster with every word and I felt tears crash out of my eyes, some gently sliding down my red face and others crashing against the concrete floor. I can't believe I just told Greg everything. It's so stupid, He's not even going to believe that it's true.
"I don't know what to say. I'm not sure I believe you Jack. I have to talk to Kamryn ... I have no words" Was what he said, he turned to walk back into the building as my tears got lighter yet still flowed down my red cheeks like a waterfall . I followed after him...