two

TWO!

be careful what you wish for

"YOU CAN HANDLE IT FROM HERE," Stephen said, staring at Loki as he stuck out his hand, shaking it with Thor's. Thor nodded, returning the shake firmly.

"Yes, of course. Thank you very much for your help." He glanced down to Amber with a smirk.

"And you," Thor grabbed her hand, lifting it to plant a gentle kiss upon her knuckles. Amber raised her eyebrows. "Thank you kindly. I hope our paths cross again."

Stephen's jaw clenched slightly but said nothing. He suddenly thought of the two parting ways in 2016, making him look at the ground.

"Careful what you wish for." Amber said quietly, slipping her hand away from his.

"Handle me?" Loki jumped to his feet in a flash, spinning around in ire to glare at Stephen. "Who are you?"

He flicked out his hands; two daggers unsheathing from his sleeves. "You think you're some kind of sorcerer?"

Stephen's head turned in concern. Amber's face washed over grimly, clenching her fists in preparation to fight.

Loki bounded forward in short rapid steps. "Don't think for one minute, you second-rate―"

"All right, bu-bye!" Stephen said loudly, waving his hands forward. The portal he created to Norway followed his movement, swallowing Loki and Thor up before closing behind them.

And then, the sanctum went silent. Stephen cleared his throat loudly and looked over to Amber, who was peering around the building as if it were new to her. "You okay?"

She snapped out of her trance, looking at Stephen with big eyes. "Huh―? Oh! Yeah, yeah... I'm okay. Its just...he was so odd."

"Who, Loki?"

"Thor." Amber corrected as her brows furrowed and her lips pursed.

Stephen nodded, gesturing at the flight of stairs before them. "Shall we?"

"We shall." Amber nodded, joining Stephen as they climbed the stairs in silence.

⌁ ⌁ ⌁

THOR AND LOKI STOOD IN THE FIELD OF NORWAY, LOOKING AHEAD TO SEE THEIR FATHER STAND ALONE IN FRONT OF THE OCEAN.

Thor walked towards him with long strides, quickly reaching him. He cautiously stood beside him, watching as Odin continued to stare out into the abyss as seagulls called overhead. "Father?"

"Look at this place. It's beautiful."

"Father, it's us." Thor continued as Loki joined them on the other side of Odin.

"My sons. I've been waiting for you."

"I know," Thor said with a smile. "We've come to take you home."

"Home, yes." he paused before continuing. "Your mother, she calls me. Do you hear it?"

Both boys turned their heads, trying to listen for something above the crashing waves against the rocks, or the birds shrieking in the sky. But, they couldn't.

"Loki, lift your magic." Thor said with authority in his voice. A voice that would scare any normal citizen. Loki shook his head at his brother in silence.

Odin chuckled, glancing down at the grass before up at his dark-haired son. "Took my quite a while to break from your spell. Frigga would've been proud. Come sit with me, I don't have much time."