eight

EIGHT!

sticks and stones

EVERYONE WENT SILENT. Amber seemed to watch Hulk fly from Thor in slow motion with her mouth hung wide. When Hulk smashed into the teal sand, the crowd erupted in a mixture of cheers and boos.

The Grandmaster stood abruptly from his chair, walking towards the glass window. Loki leaned forward in his seat with his brows furrowed, as if he's never seen this before. Amber still stood shocked, frozen in her place.

Thor stood to his feet, looking at his body as zaps of lightning surrounded him and his eyes glowed brightly. He stole a look at Amber from across the stadium, seeing how wide her eyes were as if she almost feared him. Looking back at Hulk, he watched as Hulk stood, now missing his large helmet.

Hulk gritted his teeth before lashing out at Thor. Thor sprinted towards Hulk. When the two gladiators were close enough, they jumped into the air; fists reeling back.

When their hands collided, a shockwave of electricity rang out, shoving back Hulk, Thor, and Amber. Amber was smacked by the wave forcefully, flying back and harshly hitting the ground. She rolled a few times before landing on her stomach.

Amber gasped as she flicked her hair away, staring at the battle before her. By now, the crowd was chanting thunder.

Thor approached Hulk with confident strides. Suddenly, she and Thor jerked in their places, as an even more waves of electricity and shocks ran through them. As Amber was thrashing in the sand, she managed to spot the Grandmaster holding a similar rectangular box that Valkyrie had.

Hulk grunted in response, before launching high into the air. Amber's eyes followed his body and quickly realized what he was doing.

Thor stared helplessly up at Hulk as he came down fast. Reaching up a hand, the last thing he heard was the sound of Amber's voice screaming out to him.

⌁ ⌁ ⌁

THOR AWOKE WITH A YELL, SCARING OFF A FLEAT OF GIRLS WITH OILS AND CLOTHS SURROUNDING HIM. He watched as they all ran off through the large door-less opening before sitting up and ripping the cloth off his bare torso.

Panting loudly, he looked around the grey room, spotting Amber sitting on the edge of the large bed, twirling a dagger in her fingers, looking vexed. "I was starting to think you weren't gonna wake up."

Thor, still panting, stood up. "Oh yeah? Afraid you can't live without me?"

Amber tried to scoff in denial, but it only came out as a sharp exhale. "No."

Thor smirked, noticing how Amber obviously roamed Thor's torso with her eyes, not really bothering to hide it. His eye caught his armour, and he slipped it on. "Where are we?"

Amber didn't answer. She raised her finger, directing Thor to turn and look at Hulk sitting across the room in an indoor hot tub, staring directly back at him. "Oh."

Thor slowly raised his hands, showing his palms to Hulk. "Are we cool?"

When he didn't respond, Thor broke into a grin, moving to the window. "It's a Hulk in a hot tub. So, how long you've been like that?"

Amber raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Thor glanced at her before gesturing towards the green giant. "When we fought against Ultron, the big guy jumped into a Quinjet and took off. Haven't seen him since."