Chapter 4

I opened my dreary eyes to see Steffa hanging over me glaring at me. "About time you got up young lady you're going to be late for training." She screeched running. to my closet throwing me a long sleeved dark purple shirt and some jeans with a bathing suit for the swimming center.I change into them and she continues to screech at me.

"Now wearing the swimsuit underniethlet's get to training com'n com'n Mitch is waiting." I got up following her to the elevator where Mitch was waiting.

I hug him for no real reason. "Morning Mitch ready to prepare for our deaths." That earns a chuckle from his early morning self.

"Always little pup." He says patting my head.

"So now I have a pet nickname?" I ask looking up at him. He was a good head taller then me. It didn't intimidate me though I was pretty short. I liked looking up into the eyes of overs.

"Of course we are in the Capitol now aren't we?" He questions looking at the beautiful view of the city.

We then went underground and the elevator slowly came to a stop. It opened up to a training centre twenty two other tributes staring at me.

"May the odds be ever in your favour." I mumbled towards Mitch all eyes were now on us.

"Don't fight with anyone yet pup." He motioned towards the career tributes.

"Can't make any promises Mitch." I then started over at the axe station. I was playing around with a really nice steel axe. I was chopping off dummies heads when one of the career girls came over.

"I'm Gemstone, but you can call me Gem." Weird ass district one names.

"Does it look like I give a shit?" I ask throwing the axe at a dummy and it's head falls off.

"No just thought I'd let you know both you and Jerome can't win." She said smirking. I walk over removing the axe from the dummy's head. I spin swinging into the next dummy's chest. then kicked the dummy releasing my axe.

"I suggest that you keep to your own business." I swung the axe low chopping off three dummy's legs.

"Well I just wanted to also say he's gonna be the first to die, and by my hand. Mitch is second Then Lyric." Something in me snaps. I quickly dropped the axe and before she knew what was coming I punched her in the jaw making her fall to the floor clutching her jaw.

"I suggest you don't make threats to someone who can end you." I said kicking her in the stomach.

I then walked over to camo station where Mitch was.

"I told you not to beat anyone up pup." He said smirking towards the career.

"And I told you I wasn't making any promises." I said smirking at him.

"Hey guys." I jumped not realizing Jerome was there too. "beating people up already I see Wolf." He motioned to three guys helping Gem up.

"She annoyed me." I stated simply.

"Remind me not to get on you bad side," Lyric said sitting down right next to me.

"You weren't even here how'd you know." I ask her suspiciously.

"I saw a girl crying and guys glaring at you it's obvious." I growled a little at the glaring boys and they turns their attention back to the botch.

"What'd she say anyway?" Mitch asked attempting to paint his arm which looks like crap.

"She told me she'd kill all of you if she can go down from a weak punch she's obviously not going near any of you." I state. "By the way Mitch give up on camo it looks like crap."