CHAPTER 4

VOICEOVER #HOWMANYPIDGE???:

Dammit Lance, you can't even remember how many?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just extremely annoyed and blur because I actually have no idea how this system works?

Neither do I, frankly. I have a feeling that Allura and Shiro are up to something.

Seriously?

Yeah

We should probably get on with the narration now. After all...

What...

It's getting to the good part.

Oh.

Yes. Let's go.

You're way too eerily calm... It's terrifying. But anyway, on to the story!

~~~

DAY 17:

"I swear, you're going to be the death of me!" Pidge laughs, playfully shoving an attacking Lance's hands away from her. He pretends to tickle her, smirking.

"What, you air-ticklish?" He sticks his tongue out, diving at her again. Pidge quickly darts away, twisting before Lance's long, outstretched fingers penetrate her midriff.

They probably shouldn't be playing such an aggressive game of cat and mouse in the library, of all places, but that's where they end up after sprinting through practically the whole castle, much to Keith and Allura's chagrin.

"Not air-ticklish!" she exclaims, happily leaping and avoiding another attack. Pidge chooses for herself to attack for once; she launches herself at Lance, who gets legitimately startled and stumbles back in surprise.

And for once, Pidge's calculations are off.

You see, she jumps too far...and she jumps and lands directly on top of a fallen Lance McClain, their faces centimeters apart, stopped only by her hands slamming down beside his head.

"Ah-um-oops."

He chuckles.

"You like what you see?" Lance, eyes half-lidded and smile dancing, tilts his chin up questionable. Pidge, red, can't take her gaze elsewhere, because her eyes have already been captured.

"Honestly, yes," she replies slowly, immediately groaning and shaking herself dramatically. That seems to have some kind of effect on Lance, funnily enough.

"Aww, you're very pretty too," Lance compliments back, turning Pidge red as hell.

Wait.

What's that...?

Beside Lance's head is another paper. A third spell paper!

Pidge grabs it, still careful not to rumple it. Lance gets up, still not shoving Pidge off his lap.

"It's a third poem! And I think it's the last!"

And unto final day of twenty eight,

If truth is forced not freely shown,

Shall the spell stay rooted forever,

For honesty was never grown.

Lance raises his eyebrows.

"Altean language is weird."

Pidge flips the paper over, seeing the same strange markings on the back. Bluish. She hands Lance the paper and stands up, helping him up too.