7: Running Back

Today you had finally submitted your design to Saeran and gotten the approval. You were quite proud of your work and were happy to be leaving this cult. After that day, the whole compound seemed tense. You weren't sure if it was just the terrible storm raging outside, or something more heinous.

"Saeran, am I okay to head home?"

"What? Yeah. We'll contact you if we need anything else." He was distracted by the new logo. He had to integrate this into a lot of websites and pamphlets, meaning he was going to be very busy. This on top of all his other jobs today, since Rika and V had been gone all day.

As you drove home, you noted that the rain was coming down even harder than before. I hope I make it home alright. You thought to yourself. It had taken another few weeks to find the perfect design and you were tired. You worked all day at Mint Eye and came home to work on other projects. And of course, you spent most of the days alone or fending off Saeran. It was incredibly exhausting and you were ready to be home, drink some hot cocoa and watch a movie in bed.

As you pulled into your driveway, you noticed a figure sitting on your front steps. You couldn't quite tell who it was from the inside of your car, since it was pouring outside. Grabbing your umbrella, you carefully stepped outside of your car.

"Hello?" You called out as you turned your back to lock your car and grab your work bag.

"YN?" The voice called back.

Oh God, it's him. You thought, as you took a deep breathe and closed your eyes before turning around.

As you opened your eyes, you saw a completely soaked V. You walked over to him, raising your umbrella just enough to look at him.

"She... lied." And you saw the trace of tears fall down his face, visible even in the rain.

I shouldn't care. I should leave him out here. He broke up with me for her. I warned him. I told him she was a snake. I even warned him not to come crawling back to me. I told him so, I  told him so, I told him so. But what you actually told him was different.

"Oh Jihyun. You're soaking wet. Come inside."

You couldn't help yourself. You loved this man and seeing him so broken gave you no satisfaction. As you unlocked your door and walked in, you noticed V just standing on your welcome mat.

"I'm... all wet." He mumbled as he wiped his eyes.

You set your stuff down on your couch and walked over to him. His white button up was completely transparent and he was making puddles on your rub. Slowly and hesitantly, you began unbuttoning his shirt, tugging it out of his pants and pushing it off of his shoulders.

It hit the ground with a satisfying plop. You weren't looking in his eyes, but you could feel them tearing up once again.

Hesitating again, you went to remove his belt but as your fingers touched the buckle, you recoile and turned around.

"Feel free to throw it all in the dryer or hang it up. You know where the laundry room is."

"Could I... have a towel?" V asked gently. He was already asking a lot of you to even accept him in your home after what he had done.

Nodding, you turned and went to grab a towel for the wet, half naked man at your door.

There goes my evening.