24: By the Good of Her Heart

But there was nothing you could do. Days passed by where you just laid in bed and cried. Should you just act like V died? Should you risk getting found out and him being killed in front of you? You had no reconnaissance skills. There would be no possible way you could rescue him. And you felt completely helpless.

Everyone did. The RFA couldn't figure out what to do either and slowly, everyone stopped coming to the chatroom. It did nothing but cause fights and sadness. On top of that, V was being tortured. He had become accustom to it quickly, especially since without his eye cream, his vision had begun to deteriorate again.

His routine was as follows:

Morning: First light comes a first injection. Within five minutes, he was vomiting all over himself and his cell. Fifteen minutes later he and his cell were sprayed with cold water. Then, he received a small, plain breakfast. Usually it contained a roll and some small form of protein. Then Saeran would come in and kick him around for a bit.

Afternoon: After another hosing off with cold water, he would receive a tiny lunch and Rika would come in and berate him. "I never loved you. You were obsessed with me. I have found true love now." Things of that nature.

Evening: Another round of injections, usually some abuse from someone and porridge. He's usually pass out at some point and then the whole thing would start again the next day.

But then the day came where the routine was broken. It hadn't been that long that he had been in the cell, but it was taking a toll on his body.

"We're letting you go, out of the good of MC's heart." Rika's now sickening voice rang out in his cell. "Saeran will take you outside. Then get out. Never come back."

He was in shock. He was going to get released? What would stop him from going to the police? Fear? Love of Rika? No. He had learned. His friends and his girlfriend were who supported him. And he was excited to go back to you period.

But that was going to be the hard part. His phone was dead, he could barely see and he was so sick and injured that he thought he would collapse.

As Saeran dragged up roughly up the stairs and onto what felt like grass, V was "blessed" with one final kick to the ribs and a glob of spit in his face.

He laid down for just a moment to gather what strength was left in his body and then he stood.

Right foot. Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. One foot in front of the other, he walked forward. For hours, he wandered blindly. He wondered if and when someone would find him. Clearly he didn't look okay. He walked until it got dark. Then, he stopped to sit down. It seemed like some kind of path or road. Perhaps if he waited here until morning, he'd be okay.

Slowly his eyes closed and he fell asleep.