The funeral

Jade was quite.
She could quite grab the concept of what had happened just over a week ago.
~~~~~
Emma was sobbing her eyes out locked in her room.
She had been ever since Jade gave her the letter from Harper.
Emma felt guilty. Every ounce of guilt was pouring out in her cries.
~~~~~
Shawn was fine. Utterly fine.
And that's what was killing him the most. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't feel anything.

He tied up his black tie and let out a breath.
Shawn, walked out of his room and to the room next door. Emma's. He knocked quietly.
"Em?" He asked in a soft voice.
"Are you ready? We only have half an hour get to the graveyard."
He heard a small 'okay'.
Satisfied with the answer, he walked down to wait in the living room.

Emma slipped on her black top and jeans. Her top was slightly fancy, but wasn't overdone. She wouldn't have called it casual either. It was perfect for a occasion like this.

She put on a light coat of lipstick and dark eye shadow. Nodding to herself, she got her clutch, and her phone. She started going down to leave with her brother.

Together,
The Deans Twins left the house.

Jade, laid on her bed staring at her phone. As if Harper would ring her up any moment to whisper some words of encouragement.

Slowly she got up, and looked at the time. She only had half an hour left to get ready.

She looked back at the photo of her aunt on her bed side. Her aunt died in a car crash when Jade was every young, she never got to get to know her but she did go to her aunts funeral. Jade could still remember how saddening the year was.
Jade reached for the long black dress beside the photo. The dress had belonged to her aunt. Her mother had told her. Her mother thought it would be more meaningful for Jade to wear something with meaning instead of just any black clothing.

She applied little make up. Only enough to make her look like she wasn't a ghost. Some foundation, and the slightest bit of blush. She added a light coat of lipgloss.

She got her little over the shoulder bag and put her phone in. A paper fell out when she took her hand out.
Jade went to the floor to pick it up. She opened it to see what was written,

Dear Jade,
I do hope this is the bag to take to my funeral and you see this before hand. I figured that you would need some words of encouragement before.. well... you know.

You are the strongest person I have ever met. You were my inspiration every time things got hard. Your a truthful honest person.

I will miss you.
Jade Lopez

~Harper Debbie

Jade wiped away a tear that formed in her eyes. Her best friend knew her so well. She knew what bag Jade would use and what she would need to get through it.
The letter was little. And it didn't have much in it, but it became one meaning full item for Jade.

~~~~
Jade walked down a couple of blocks before reaching the Debbie house. The door opened to a tear stained Mrs. Debbie.

They both smiled at each other.
"Ready to go?" Jade asked her. Mrs. Debbie smiled and stepped out of the little house.

~~~~
Just before the people started to leave, Shawn and Emma walked up to Mrs. Debbie, who was trying to hold back tears.
"We're so sorry for your loss Mrs. Debbie." Shawn told her.
Emma looked at Jade sorrowfully.

"Thank you dears."

The twins waited for a moment, then left.

The last two people standing at Harper's grave was her mother and best friend.