Chapter 7

Camila's POV

"I'm so excited to hang out with all of you guys. I feel like we haven't been able to ever since school came around," Dinah squealed, making me grin at her enthusiasm. I pulled away from her quick embrace, pulling my books to my chest. Lauren stood beside the taller girl, her eyes looking as if they were transfixed on me.

"What's up?" I asked, confused of the emerald-eyed girl's gaze. She shook her head and nodded her head forward, my head turning around to gaze upon (Y/N) walking in through the twin doors of our school.

"Lil' mama lookin' fine today," Lauren whistled, snapping me of my thoughts as Dinah simply nudged her against the shoulder with a teasing smile. The two girls snickered quietly together, making me sigh a bit. The thought of Lauren and (Y/N) being together left an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, but I pushed aside the feeling and shrugged it off.

"Hey, Waltz. You never told us about what went down on Tuesday a couple weeks back. You told me about seeing her at her place or somethin'?" Dinah exclaimed. I paused for a few seconds, my two best friends urging me with their eyes.

"Well?" Lauren asked, cocking her perfectly-sculpted eyebrow at me.

Just as I was about to open my mouth, an arm slung around my shoulders- the familiar scent of cologne filling my nostrils. Noticing the disappointed look on Dinah, I figured she was impatient about hearing of the events that happened between (Y/N) and I.

"Hey, babe." Shawn chirped, leaning down to lay a small kiss on my cheek. I hummed, teetering my weight on my feet as I quietly greeted in response. Shawn didn't seem to notice or be fazed by it, turning his attention to the two girls in front of me.

"Dinah, Lauren! How's it goin'?" He asked, the said girls just returning a smile and replying with one-worded answers. The tension was a little obvious between them but I didn't think much of it.

"We were just talkin' about hanging out after school today," Dinah explained, a bright smile on her face at the mention of our plans as she leant against Lauren comfortably.

"Oh, yeah? Do I get an invitation?" Shawn playfully teased, although his intention was there.

"Um.." Lauren begun, chewing on her lower lip while looking frantically between Dinah and I.

Before any of us could reply, I could feel the tall male switch his attention over his shoulder, a smile obviously strewn on his lips as he beckoned somebody with his free arm.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Over here!" He shouted. Oh god. I wasn't ready to face (Y/N), and I couldn't think that she'd want to see me either after what happened at her house a week ago. I left her high and dry, and I shouldn't have. Perhaps she had a reason- maybe we were being delusional or maybe I was thinking too deeply into the moment we had, but something about it convinced me that she felt- Oh my god, I can see her walking towards us. My heart was racing in my chest, and it was like a coil was violently pulling and stretching in my stomach.

"I feel like I haven't see you in awhile," Shawn begun, removing his arm from me to give (Y/N) a casual side hug.

"Yeah... Sorry, I've just been caught up with uh, work." She replied.

"Really? That's cool, I didn't know you had a job. What do you do?" Lauren asked, breaking the interaction between the two, which sort of lifted a small weight off my shoulders.

"I'm helping my aunt at her vet clinic. Examining the furry patients and all," (Y/N) exclaimed, a small smile on her face.

"I wish I could do that, but I'm sadly allergic to cats..." Dinah said sadly, Lauren rubbing her hand along the Polynesian's back in comfort.