Chapter 9

Camila's POV

Seeing (Y/N) flirt with the mysterious girl was not how I was planning this night to go on at all. The moment her eyes landed on me, my muscles were stiff and I couldn't grasp the fact that maybe I was being delusional this entire time. I took off running- past the hormonal, sweaty crowd to the nearest door. I was embraced in the cool, crisp air- the night sky hovering above me. Stars flickered in a beautiful glimmer, but it didn't help settle the slight hurt in my heart.

"Camila, please." (Y/N)'s voice rang, her hand immediately trying to reach for mine but I instantly pulled back.

"Don't touch me." I hissed, a look of dismay written across my face as I stared at the grass underneath my feet. (Y/N) seemed taken aback by my response, and it was easier to decipher the hurt in her eyes.

A moment of silence dawned upon us for only a few seconds before the beautiful girl begun to talk again, my eyes trained on the ground- tears threatening to spill down my cheeks.

"You're jumping to conclusions, Camila." She said, her tone soft and delicate. The kind of voice I found myself adoring and wanting to hear more of every chance I could. "I just met the girl, you have the wrong idea." (Y/N) tried, a frown on her face as she stood in her spot, cautious not to frighten me or convince me differently.

"You didn't seem to mind the way she was touching on you or anything! (Y/N), I thought you were telling me the truth just a few days ago..."

"I was, and I still am." The older brunette strained, the expression on her face filled with distraught and concern. As I was about to ramble off on all the reasons I had to believe she wasn't being sincere, I couldn't think of a single thing. Not once has (Y/N) ever been hateful or cruel to me in any way.

"I-..." 

Soft lips slammed against my own, and I was shocked to say the least. My eyes widened as I was met with closed lids and the familiar scent of (Y/N)'s perfume. Her hands were stationed at my lower back, pressing against them so I had nowhere else to run. I attempted to wiggle my way from her grip, but who was I kidding? I've wanted this for so long.

My arms threw themselves around her neck, her weight leaning forward so my body was slightly dipped back. The kiss we shared was pure ecstasy and I loved every moment of it. It was like those cliche fireworks were shot all around us, and the only sound to be heard was the mesh of our lips colliding against one another.

Lungs on fire- (Y/N) was the first to pull away, her arms slightly helping me stand upright. Her eyes appeared satisfied, her chest rapidly beating against my own as I kept my hold on her neck.

"Wow," I breathed out, (Y/N) laughing at my one-worded response.

"Wow is right." She replied, bringing a hand up to comb through my brown tresses. "Please believe me when I said I wasn't lying. I would never even think about doing that to you."

I quietly nodded, a small giggle escaping my lips after a few moments. (Y/N) looked at me with a raised eyebrow, but it was clear she was amused by it.

"Was the only time you lied was when you claimed to be the better surfer?" I queried, the older girl rolling her eyes and leaning in to lay another kiss before we heard hoots and hollers. Our attention was taken away from each other and to a couple of people at the door, mainly Dinah and Lauren- standing there with smirks on their faces.

"Freakin' finally. It was about time you two got together. That didn't take us that long, did it, Laur?" Dinah exclaimed, peering over at the raven-haired girl who shook her head.

"We're the best matchmakers around. Although, it's too bad. If Camz weren't so interested in her, I would've gone for it." Lauren said, a playful pout on her face. I rolled my eyes and stood on my tiptoes to hug (Y/N)'s head protectively in my arms, narrowing my eyes at the other girl.