Reflection

Luna's POV

Mulan got home before us and I saw her horse in the stable already. I saw her walking to our family's shrine and sigh as I remove my horse's reins. Then leave him to drink going inside to mother and father hugging.

"

Look at me
You may think you see
Who I really am
But you'll never know me
Every day
It's as if I play a part
Now I see
If I wear a mask
I can fool the world
But I cannot fool my heartWho is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?I am now
In a world where I
Have to hide my heart
And what I believe in
But somehow
I will show the world
What's inside my heart
And be loved for who I amWho is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection
Someone I don't know?
Must I pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?There's a heart that must be
Free to fly
That burns with a need to know
The reason whyWhy must we all conceal
What we think, how we feel?
Must there be a secret me
I'm forced to hide?
I won't pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?" Mulan sings.

"Congratulations Luna" he says smiling when I enter the room.

"I only wish Mulan had also been matched" I tell him my head low. Father sighs giving me a warm hug. "What if he doesn't let me be a nurse? What if he is cruel?" I ask whimpering.

"I doubt it my dear daughter, besides your mother and I well not agree to a marriage. If we believed you or Mulan would be abused" he tells me. "Go prepare for dinner while I speak to Mulan" he adds pulling away. I bow my head and go into my room grabbing a damp clothe. I remove my make-up and let my hair down.

"Come here child" mother says grabbing my brush and starts to brush my hair.

"Mother did you love father when you first meet?" I ask.

"No, but I grew to love him quickly and he gave me two beautiful daughters" she says smiling. "Why are you sad Luna?" she asks putting the brush down.

"I see the way men  look at me and hear what people of my looks. Why can't they just look past them and get to know the real me? I don't care if I'm pretty or not, I just want to be able to help people. A chance to prove I can be important" I tell her.

"You are beautiful Luna and that won't change" she tells me. "I am sure your future husband will take the time to get to know you. Before making his decision and not base it on your looks" she assures me.

"If he does that at least, then I'd happily marry him and bear his children" I tell her smiling.

"There's that smile" mum says smiling. "Well you help me prepare dinner tonight?" she asks.

"Of course and I am sure Mulan will do the tea" I tell her. "I must go brush the horses" I add after she finishes brushing my brown hair. With that I head to the stables and begin to brush my horse first. But before I could get to Mulan's I heard the sound of horns and horses approaching.

I put the brush down and head towards the gate where see others have already gathered. I spot my grandmother by the gate alone and walk over to her. "Grandmother what is happening? Where are mother, father and Mulan?" I ask her.

"Messenger from the imperial army" she tells me. Before pointing out Mulan on a roof and my parents just outside the gate. Just then the thin guy on the brown horse unrolls a scroll and begins to speak.

A/N

Video above of the song 'Reflection' and Mulan with her father. Picture on the external link of the new Luna. (Imagine her lips darker, with thinner brown eyebrows and hazel eyes). Who would you snog, marry, avoid out of Ling, Yao and Chien-po? I'd marry Ling or Chein-po then snog the other while avoiding Yao.