Chapter 1: Arrival

Disclaimer: All the characters belong to J.K Rowling & Stephenie Meyer

Note: I was inspired by Xover fanfic Third Times the Charm by deator11 on FFN (pity it’s not a finished fic though, I like it a lot). It can be said this is re-imagining of that fic. So here it is, my first Xover fic.
* * *
After portkeying to Sea-Tac Airport magical section and freshen up at a hotel on Seattle, Hermione drove her rent car straight to her cousin Bella’s wedding venue. She has to rely on local maps since the car’s GPS won’t show her the exact location of her cousin’s groom's house. Well, what did she expected of the town as small as Forks.
She pulls over the car on the roadside after another wrong turn. She sighed, getting out of the car to the green lush on her either sides.
“It would be easier if I can just Apparate there.” She mumbled. But since she never goes there and to apparate blindly she needs the exact coordinate of the place (she won’t risk apparating to the middle of nowhere, or worse, straight to the ocean), she needs to do this the Muggle way.
It was five minutes later that a blue van pulled over in front of her car. A blonde haired boy comes out from the passenger seat.
“Excuse me, Miss. Can I help you with anything?” He said while his eyes roam around her body. While she admits that her ivory strapless mini dress with ruffle skirt that stop just above her knees looks pretty sexy on her, that doesn’t mean that she likes to be ogled by this -what, seventeen or eighteen years old- teenage boy. She’s twenty six for God sake! She cleared her throat loudly, snapping the boy from his blatant ogling.
“Actually, yes. Can you show me the way to the Cullen place?”
“Sure, we’re headed there, anyway. By the way, I’m Newton, Mike Newton.” He said, impersonating a certain British agent fictional character. “And you are, Miss?”
She faked a smile. “Hermione Granger.”
“Her-what? Well, nevermind, I’ll be calling you baby soon, anyway.” He said confidently.
“So can you show me the way?” Hermione gritted her teeth. The nerve of this... this arsehole!
“Sure, babe. I can ride with you, you know? So we can know each other better.”
She takes a deep breath. “Not interested, sorry.” She said barely containing her anger.
“But-“
“I said NO, Newbie, or whatever your name is! Just show me the way!”
She doesn’t know whether it is the look in her eyes or the sudden gust of wind that make the boy finally backing up from her.
“S-sure. Ju-just follow us.” He said and proceed to his friend's car while mumbling “It’s Newton, though.”
Hermione takes another deep breath before entering her car. Internally, she scolded herself for losing control like that, releasing her accidental magic. But a guy like that always set her anger, especially since her broken engagement with Ron. All the guy looks at her as if she was a prize. Well, who wouldn’t want a war heroine with an Order of Merlin, First Class, Brightess Witch of the Age, with a brilliant career and rich to boot? She was never a vain girl, but even if she’s not the prettiest girl around, she’s not bad to look at. Her trademark bushy hair has tamed to a manageable curl, and with a little help from Ginny, she learns to put some make up on her face. Not too much, of course, just to enhance what Ginny called ‘her beauty’.
She drove following the blue van to some dirt road track until they pulled up to a makeshift parking lot in front of a beautiful house. She waits for the teens to come out of the car and following them to what it seems the house backyard. As soon as she arrived at the wedding venue, she feels her magic tingle inside her, warning her of something unusual or even outright dangerous. Her ability has developed when she’s been on the Horcruxes Hunt with Harry and Ron. Her magic will warn her about the feeling of danger and she will tell Harry to pack their belonging and get out of there as soon as possible. Maybe that’s why Ron was having such a hard time to find them when he left for a while.
She discreetly assesses her surroundings while preparing herself to flick out her wand from it invisible holster. She froze when she found what makes her magic tingle. There, near the flower arch stood several abnormally beautiful people with the palest skin she ever saw. She knew what they are instantly, what with being in contact with several of them through her job: Vampire. She narrowed her eyes to see what color their eyes are when she finally caught a glimpse of golden color orbs.
‘Huh, animal feeder?’ she thought. ‘It’s rare in the vampire community. What are they doing here? Attending the wedding?’
She’s still contemplating her thought when one of them announced that the wedding would start soon, so she took a seat on one of the chair, beside of a native American old man's wheelchair. He looks familiar to her, so she searched the memories on the back of her Occlumency shield and smile at him as she found them.
“Is it you, Uncle Billy?”
The man stares at the young woman while trying to remember a few people that call him ‘Uncle Billy’, especially a brown haired white girl.
“Hermione? Hermione Granger?”
She laughs and nod at him. “Yes, it’s me, Uncle Billy.”
“Wow, it’s been a long time. How are you, dear?” The old man asked.
“I’m fine, Uncle Billy. How about you?”
“Well, besides having to use a wheelchair, I’m fit as a fiddle.”
She smiled at him while on the inside she feels sad. She heard that the old man have been paralyzed because of Diabetes on one of her rare phone call to her Uncle Charlie. If only she can heal him with magical means. But to do that she has to break the Statue of Secrecy, and war heroine or not, it would be some time in Azkaban for her.
“Oh, right. By the way, where’s Little Jake?” She asked, remembering a little boy who follows her around like a puppy every time she come to La Push Reservation.
The old man laughs. “Oh dear, he’s not little anymore. I can guarantee you wouldn’t think so when you see him.” The laugh morphed into a sad smile. “He’s been on a journey to find himself, and I don’t know when he’ll be back, but I hope soon.”
“I hope so, too, Uncle Billy.” She said, patting the old man's hand in comfort. She’s so going to talk with the boy if given the chance. What he’s thinking, leaving his wheelchair-bound dad?
“Well, old man, not even ten minutes and you’ve attracted a young woman? A beautiful one at that?” A voice said.
Hermione is now face to face with a huge native man with a middle-aged woman on his arm.
The Black patriarch laugh at that. “What can I say, it’s the Black charm. Hermione, this is Sue and Seth Clearwater.”
“No way! This is Little Sethykin?” She asked with disbelief. “And, oh, Auntie Sue, it’s so good to see you.” She said and proceed to hug the middle-aged woman.
“It’s good to see you too, Hermione. And I share your opinion every day, but yes, this is what my little boy has become.”
“Mooomm.” He protested.
“Shush, you. You’re not too big to put on my knees, yet.”
The three laugh at that while Seth becomes so red under his russet skin.
“Oh, Auntie Sue, I heard about Uncle Harry. I’m just... I’m so sorry.”
The two Clearwater smile sadly.
“It’s okay, dear.  It’s been a while. Besides, I still have Leah and this little big boy with me.” Sue said while nudging his son.
They sat together in a row and chatting lightly when there’s another announcement that the wedding will start now. Her eyes widened when she saw one of the vampire took his place below the flower arch, the groom place.
“That’s Edward Cullen?” She asks Billy, and the old man nods.
A thousand thought swirling in her mind. ‘Does Bella know what she’s marrying into? What’s she’s thinking? They’re immortal, there’s no way they can live a happy married life while the others keep aging, unless...’
The wedding march interrupted her from her swirling mind. Her cousin walks down the aisle with her uncle. The wedding happens to be like any other wedding, and she can see her cousin and the vampire love each other, but it doesn’t mean she would let this go without an explanation. If her cousin is going to be changed, she needs to know what precaution they would do to keep their existence secret because it’s no secret that a newborn vampire would be wild and only driven by their bloodlust.
* * *
TBC
No Jacob, yet.