Blind Love

Love, is so blind. At least people say so; they claim that when you love someone, you are blind to all their flaws and wrongs. They claim that when you are in love, you see only what you want to see - but I guess it's just easier to brush off one's flaws and blame it on love claiming that it's blind; no, love is not blind.

Falling in love with you made my vision clearer - it made me see the edges of your curves and the bumps on your canvases. It made me realize how desaturated your hues were - yet I saw their potential in painting a sunset with thousands of colors; no, love is never blind.

I see you; with waterfalls in your eyes that take a break from free flow at the will of your mind, with the mountains of everyone's expectations on your shoulders that become endless deserts beneath the power of you're thoughts, with those oceans of salt within your mind that's constantly restless and that fake plastic of a smile plastered on your face; I see you and no, love has never been blind.

Falling in love with you made me realize that there are imperfections even in the very core formation of the universe and that beauty is nothing but a state of mind; for some you are ugly, for some you are hideous, but for me you are nothing less than the most beautiful person to grace this entire planet - or any other in this universe. I see how your flaws make you insecure and how you try to hide them behind sheer; but that's what makes you even more beautiful - one with too much perfection paves the path to corruption and you, you are just the perfect mix and I see it all; no, love will never be blind.

I see you; like I have never before. With that heavenly smile that stabs the very core of my heart and that piercing look that sees right through my soul; I was once told that my eyes were one with emotions that caged my soul, but love, with one look you broke it free and put it on a leash - I see you, with all your flaws and perfections and I would still remain here loving you, wanting you, needing you; oh god love is anything but blind!