The Idea of Me

I'm not the type of person you fall in love with, it's the idea of me that you love. Being immortalized through poems that never end, and all those cutesy things that come your way for being my person. The constant comparison to the universe and stars and being reminded how they could never do you justice, and how you are the only salvation for this lost soul. An endless river of praises and proses and smiles and warmth and everything that it takes to form a broken heart that could never be mended.

I'm not the type of person you fall in love with, it's the idea of me that you love. Hand in hand during a summer noon, showered with words that you could never comprehend, a piece of art that you could never compliment. Being the muse of this boy who fell head over heels once in his lifetime, hearing about how you hold a galaxy of euphoria for him and being put up among the stars in the night sky, among his favorite constellation amidst billions with your very own name for one.

I'm not the type of person you fall in love with, it's the idea of me that you love. At least that's what you told me, that you loved the idea of us and that you tried but you could never bring yourself to love me. Your words cut deeper than any wounds had ever dared to, and in that moment I felt the weight of this world fading into oblivion because all I would be, and all I am is, the boy who loved you for the first time, and the boy you could never love, not even if you tried.

It's true, I'm not the type of person you fall in love with, it's the idea of me that you love.