Rage of the Flying Thundergod

Naruto sat down at training ground seven, it'd been a week since Wave and his chakra net was still weakened but nearly recovered.

"Naruto-kun... I think you've gotten faster." Hinata said from beside him, getting him to look at her. "When you teleported before it was like you would burst into existence when you appeared, there was too much force, now it's quicker. More precise."

Naruto nodded. "It's felt a bit different, honestly. I think it's just a matter of using less chakra."

Sasuke was busy practicing taijutsu against Kakashi, while they talked.

Naruto looked at her. "How are things with Neji?"

She looked down at her lap and sighed. "Neji-nissan still believes I caused the death of his father and is angry at the way you embarrassed the Hyuuga elders."

Naruto nodded slowly. "Want me to put him on his ass? Teach him a lesson?"

She smiled sadly. "No Naruto-kun, but thank you. It means so much that you care." She put her hand on his, fighting the nervousness in her heart as she did so.

Naruto smiled wide at her. "No problem, as long as you're by my side I can do anything! Believe it!"

"Alright guys. Now that Sasuke is on his back, praying to Kami he's still got all his teeth, I gotta tell you something. I've nominated the three of you for the chunin exams in two weeks. I've got your papers here." He pulled three papers from his orange book, he'd put them in there to make sure they didn't get rumpled in his pocket.

"Kakashi, I swear to Kami if there's sticky crap on my application I'm gonna set your house on fire." Naruto said, dryly squinting at the jonin.

Hinata looked at their sensei with suspicion as Kakashi eye-smiled sheepishly. "Be fair, Naruto, I got you another teacher for the exams and this is how you repay me?"

At that, Naruto looked at him curiously. "Why aren't you going to train me?"

Kakashi sighed. "I'm taking the next week and a half out of the village. I've got an S class mission. Anyway I've got all three of you a tutor to teach you something new while I'm gone. Sasuke I pulled a favor with my old teammate Might Guy to help with your taijutsu. Hinata, I got a request from Kurenai Yuhi to teach you a few things with genjutsu. Naruto, the guy training you is Jiraiya of the Sanin."

Naruto narrowed his eyes slightly. "Jiraiya, the guy that trained my dad? The guy that the old man said was my God-Father? The guy who abandoned me?"

Naruto clenched his fists and Kakashi realized he may have underestimated how mad Naruto was. "Naru-"

"Where is he? I want to talk to him." Naruto looked Kakashi in the eye.

Kakashi sighed. "He said he'd be at training ground two, he'll probably be behind the hot springs fence."

Naruto nodded once more then looked at Hinata. "I'll see you later, Hinata-chan." Then he was gone in a flash of yellow light.
_______________________________

Naruto took roughly forty 'jumps' yo get there, appearing for only a fraction of a second each time.

When he saw the old hermit he stopped just behind him and grabbed his shoulder angrily. "Jiraiya, you abandoned me to the hands of people who despise me and want me to die. I've been ignored, cursed at, beaten, and there was even an attempted assassination... do you have any good reason to tell me you abandoned your god-son?"

Jiraiya looked down, his perverted giggling halted by Naruto's angry tone.

"No... I don't..." Jiraiya said slowly. Naruto nodded. "I thought not."

He flexed his chakra and threw the Sanin over his shoulder towards the training ground. He knew in a straight up fight he couldn't actually fight the Sannin but he had a bit more of the ninetails chakra because of his anger and the hiraishin, plus the guilt Jiraiya carried made the toad sage not really want to fight.

Before Jiraiya hit the ground Naruto moved, rapidly teleporting and hitting Jiraiya dozens of times and then spinning him by his hair and throwing him into the air.

Jiraiya reached the climax of his ascension and he saw Naruto appear above him with a very large boulder in tow.

Naruto used his red chakra enhanced strength to hurl the large rock towards Jiraiya, but the Sanin finally decided enough was enough.

He held his hand out and gathered chakra to his palm. "Rasengan!" He thrust a ball of high velocity spinning chakra into the boulder, causing it to explode.

Jiraiya landed on the ground, and Naruto appeared directly in front of him mid punch.

Jiraiya caught the punch and Naruto twisted, bringing his foot around to Jiraiya's head and almost kicking the old Sanin. When Naruto missed he teleported them both into the water of the hot spring then teleported himself out.

Naruto breathed out heavily as he began going through handsigns and smirked as Jiraiya came up out of the water. Wind style: Great Breakthrough!

Jiraiya saw the handsigns and recognized the technique from being on a team with Orochimaru, so he anchored himself to the water with chakra and forced himself not to fly back.

When the wind died down Jiraiya summoned a frog as tall as himself and pat it's side. "Need some water canon jutsu, Gatora."

The toad nodded and began firing high pressure volleys of water at Naruto, only for the blonde to dodge them with Hiraishin each time.

"Damn this kid is fast, Jiraiya. What'd you do to piss him off?" The toad asked between water blasts.

Naruto hurled a pair of shuriken to the far right of Jiraiya and teleported in close, between the toad and Jiraiya, kicking Jiraiya in the leg just as the two shuriken bounced off each other and changed directions, hitting Jiraiya in the arm.

Jiraiya caught Naruto with a swift elbow to the temple, splitting his head open and knocking him out. "Damn, Naruto is a total powerhouse... he's competent on his own but the Hiraishin truly is frightening to turn someone that's chunin class and bump them up to give a Sanin trouble..."