Father of the Flying Thundergod

Naruto opened his eyes slowly, he was sore just above his eye where Jiraiya had hit him.

"Are you calmed down, yet kid?" Jiraiya sat nearby, he was only slightly dirty an had a popsicle in his hand.

Naruto then noticed he was tied up. "Let me go you old pervert!"

Jiraiya got up and broke the popsicle in half, shoving one of the treats into Naruto's mouth roughly. "Shut up and eat. I have to tell you something."

Naruto spit the popsicle onto the ground and glared at the toad sage.

Jiraiya smiled slightly. "You look so much like Minato when he was mad..."

Naruto's eyes widened and his anger left him for a moment.

"When Minato first became my pupil-...."
___________flashback jutsu _____

Jiraiya looked down at his new team, they were exhausted after fighting him for nearly an hour. As genin they were quite impressive but the teamwork Minato and Fugaku displayed was incredible.

Minato would get in close, using his incredible speed and reflexes to keep Jiraiya's attention, Fugaku would use his various skills as an Uchiha prodigy to cover any weakspot the team had, and Hannah Hyuuga would close the distance with Minato and use her gentle fist.

"Alright team, that's enough. You three are good, but you nearly had me back there working together. Always remember how important teamwork is." He looked to Minato. "I noticed you only used the academy three ninjutsu, Minato."

Minato looked down. "When my dad died, I became the last Namikaze. I've been an orphan since I was six, I haven't been taught any other jutsu."

Jiraiya nodded. "Hanna and Fugaku have their own clan techniques but if you'll train under me directly, I'll teach you the ways of the toad sage."

Minato looked at his teammates, getting a thumbs up from Hannah and a nod from Fugaku who smirked. "Gotta have some way for you to catch up, Mina-Dobe."

Minato smiled sheepishly at them, then thanked Jiraiya. "Thank you, Jiraiya-sensei."
---------------------------------------

"Minato, you're being field promoted to Jonin and assigned to go save team two." Jiraiya told him seriously. "Please be safe kid..."

Minato nodded. "I'll be back in a flash, hold on to this." He tossed Jiraiya a yellow handled kunai, then turned and hurled a second one in the opposite direction.

Then he vanished in a burst of light. He did it, he really made his kekkei genkai come back!

__________________

"I now pronounce you husband and wife... Minato, kiss this girl!" Jiraiya gave him a thumbs-up and Minato nodded.

Minato leaned in and kissed Kushina passionately, then smiled as he turned to his sensei. "Thank you for coming, Jiraiya-sensei. You've always been there for me, thank you for being here for me now."

________________________

"Old man Jiraiya." Jiraiya raised his eyebrow at the very pregnant redhead in front of him. "I wanna talk to you."

Jiraiya nodded, then panicked remembering the redhead's temper. "If it's about Icha Icha Flash, I promise I didn't use you for inspiration!"

She laughed. "It's nothing like that, Pervert." Then she turned dinner. "Minato told me everything you've done for him. Raising him, teaching him to be a man, failing to make him a pervert like you. You were like his father... and we'd like you to be the same for Naruto if something happens to us. We want you to be his godfather."

Jiraiya hugged her happily, then said. "Nothing is going to happen to you, I swear it..."
________________________

"Jiraiya... I know this is hard on you, but as his Godfather you have the right to formally adopt him." Hiruzen held the baby out to Jiraiya.

I couldn't protect them... the one time he really needed me, I wasn't there... Na-Naruto... He looks so much like them... memories played in Jiraiya's mind of all the time he spent with Minato. He was the son I had always wanted, and now he's gone... looking at Naruto, it reminds me too much of him.

"I can't sensei... I have to maintain my spynetwork. With our village this damaged other nations will try to attack..." Jiraiya told him, it'd be the only half truth that helped him sleep at night for years.

_______flashback end____________

Naruto was crying openly, no one had ever told him about his parents.

Jiraiya walked over and cut the ninja wire from Naruto, releasing the blonde.

Naruto stood up and dried his tears on his shirt. "I'll learn from you, but you have a long way to go before I'll forgive you..."