Part 1: Recall

As someone who knew that place at one point, tears played at McCree's eyes as he eyed the Watchpoint. Winston's recent recall felt like a rouse, something to screw McCree over. Like it was a set-up. But it wasn't.
     Dust clung to the walls, a musty scent in the air. He looked to the stairs that he used to play around when he was young. It was good to feel at home after what felt like ages of roaming the unknown desert and nasty taverns.
     The treck there was long and harsh, and McCree was spent. He went looking for his old room. He heard the click of a keyboard in a nearby room, then a grunt. His head snapped toward the sound, staring for a second. He was quite unsure of who lied in the room adjacent.
     "Who's there?" McCree's thick, southern accent rang through the hallway.
     Silence. Then more typing. Then some humming. McCree whipped out Peacekeeper and began walking toward the sounds. All hairs stood on end, McCree threw the open the door where the noises came from.
     "Reach for the sky!" McCree exclaimed, watching the mass jump.
     "Agent McCree?" A gruff voice asked, the bright light of the computer revealing it was Winston who sat in the chair. McCree put Peacekeeper back in her holder and looked Winston in the eyes. Anger, shock, and happiness mixed within him.
     "Now goddammit why ain't you at your usual spot?" His hands now resting on his hips.
     "My computer got fried when Talon attacked a while ago. I'm in here looking for things online to fix it," he paused. "And you're early, agent. How does it feel to be back?"
     McCree pondered his thoughts for a bit, thinking of the right thing to say. "I ain't that fast no more but I sure am glad to see a familiar face," were the words he came up with.
     "Well, we have some more coming soon. Within the week we should have both Shimada brothers and Lena. Jesse, I know you know who Genji Shimada is, you worked with him years ago. His brother will most likely be joining us too," Winston got up from the faux leather chair.
     "Another damn screamin' Japanese?" McCree sighed. "I'm in for some more bullshit."

A.N.: Well, here's to a good fan fic and a good following!

SecretsIHave