P R O L O G U E

Once upon a time the kingdom of Dragonbourne was divided into three parts

South, North and East. 

In the south their lived the ice queen who ruled a cold wicked kingdom with her ice magic. Her magic was great as was her kingdom, she ruled it well keeping herself to herself and only asking others for help if she had no choice. She was known as the ice queen of the south, but her name was Acadia named after her grandmother, the previous ice queen of the south. 

In the east lived the king and queen of the east who ruled a friendly kingdom. Queen Clara-belle and King George ruled their kingdom with a warm heart, welcomed those who came to visit. They had met the ice queen once as they agreed to rule side by side with no trouble but then...

In the North was the dark witches where no one not even the ice queen would dare to go. Dark magic that had been banned by the elders was used to create minions of their own. There was no one ruler, for the dark witches were only shadows. 

In the year of 995 the queen of the east had a baby, a baby girl. She like her father had his black hair, but unlike any of her parents she was born with pure dark, evil eyes. Her mother was sure it was the curse of the North but loved her daughter none the less. She named her daughter Nimueh a dark name for a dark soul. 

Two years later in the year of 997 the queen gave birth to another child also a girl. Again like her dad she had dark hair, but unlike her sister she had her mothers eyes. The eyes that showed those who needed to know who was boss, but also the eyes that allow people to know they can trust them. Her father named her Victoria a kind name for a kind soul.

Three years after the birth of the second child in the year of 1000 another child was born to the queen and king. Unlike her sisters and her parents she was born with pure white hair, the hair that Acadia in the North was said to have. But like her father she had the eyes of a ruler, of greatness.  Her parents named her Adelaide, a powerful name for a powerful soul.

The three sisters grew up to be incredibly close to one another. People in the kingdom were taken by all threes beauty. But Adelaide stood out the most with her white hair and pale skin. This earned her quite the many offers in marriage much to her eldest sisters demise. Victoria was more of a sit down and read kind of girl so she was happy her sister received the attention and not herself. Nimueh became very jealous of her younger sister believing that because she was the eldest men should be asking for her hand in marriage. 

"We don't always get what we want I'm afraid my dear". Her mother would state as she watched her daughter rant about her younger sister. 

In the year of 1012 tragedy struck, the king and queen passed away together in their sleep from unknown causes. Nimueh being the age of seventeen was declared to be the next queen of the east. But people began to uproar stating she was not fitting to be a queen and Adelaide should be crowned even though she was the age of only twelve. 

But none the less Nimueh was crowned queen and ruled right up to 1018 when tragedy struck the family again. Nimueh discovered she had magic, but not just any magic dark magic like the witches of the North. She could not control these powers and not only scared herself with them but her sisters and the kingdom as well. 

Nimueh not knowing what do with this power decided to ask the witches themselves. 

"You mean to go to the North sister?" The youngest of the three asked as the eldest nodded.

"And leave the kingdom?" The other one looked up from her book to watch her sisters talk.

"You two are my right hand ladies I trust you".

"Sister you can not go to the North I have heard once you enter you can not come back". The white haired pleaded. "Tell her Vic tell her what you have red". Victoria went to sit up but Nimueh stopped her.

"If we were to believe everything that those books tell her we would very well be doomed by now". She snapped.

"I have had it". The middle sister shot up her blue dress falling around her legs as it relaxed. "Sister you have to trust us talk to us about these decisions". 

"I have nothing to talk about now let me go".

"I will not". 

"Let me go". 

"Vic-"

"I will not let you go sister".

"Then I shall have to make you". Before any three sisters could blink Victoria was on the floor bleeding to her death.

"Sister". Adelaide ran over to her sister as her tears fell. "What have you done?" She snapped looking up at her older sister in horror.

"What I said now goodbye sister". Nimueh ran away like a coward, like a shadow, like a witch.

"GUARDS ARREST YOUR QUEEN". 

In time Adelaide was recognized as the queen of the east as Nimeuh had not returned back from the North and even if she had she would be arrested on sight. 

Nimeuh had now become the north's queen and was pledging war onto the east, Adelaide knowing she had no means of stopping her sister went to the only person she believed could help.

"I need magic". She pleaded.

"And why should I help you?"

"Because if you do not then the North will not only take mine but your kingdom as well. We both know if the Ice queen falls there is no good magic left. So I ask you Acadia help me please". 

"Very well I will give you magic. But I must have your word that you or any of your bloodline will not harm my kingdom".

"You have my word". 

The war between the east and the north ended before it began. 

"Goodbye sister". The dark smile, the wicked eyes she was not Nimueh no. She was the witch of the North. But unknown to her there was a queen watching near by waiting.