High School Au (Moxiety)

(I'm not sure who did that image, I found it on Google - so to whoever did that, it's amazing and if I knew who you were I would credit you.)

Roman, Logan, Patton and Virgil were stood by their lockers, waiting for school to begin, talking about their plans for after high school.

"I dunno, I think I'll have probably given up by then" Virgil mutters, hoping no one hears him.

"Why? You're smart, not as smart as me, but you'd do well after school." Logan states, hoping to convince Virgil he is worth more than he thinks.

"Why should I torture myself by going through more school? I wouldn't be able to see you guys daily and it would just be much worse than it is now. I also stick out like a sore thumb and no one would even like me!" He exclaims.

"You fit in with us though Virg..." Roman reassures him. Virgil scoffs. Patton watches, wanting to step in and help Virgil, but soon realizes he can't, he knows he can usually help Logan or Roman, but Virgil is different and he struggles to help him, and he doesn't know what to do. He sinks into himself hoping to stay out of the conversation

"What hope do I have if I'm that helpless Patton can't even help me?" He mumbles shutting his locker and walks off into the male bathroom to avoid talking about the situation any longer.

Logan turns to Roman making a point that Virgil appears to be more upset than usual, after Roman agrees, they start a new conversation, giving Patton the chance to slip unnoticed away from them, in the same direction Virgil went.

As Patton reaches the bathroom he hears a murmuring coming from inside, careful as to not disrupt the person inside, he sneaks inside, noticing Virgil, he stops and watches him pace back and forth, asking redundant questions, and making himself more panicked.

As he turns to continue his pacing, he notices Patton stood near the door. "Pat..." he trails off. Patton sends him a weak smile, "I'm sorry I was no help to you back there, you're different to Logan and Roman. I know I can say pretty much anything to them and they're okay with it all, but with you, I feel like I can't say much, without hurting you and I don't want to hurt you. You seem more delicate than Roman and Logan and I don't want to make you feel excluded. I know they have each other, but if I hurt you, you'd be alone and I don't want to make you feel that way." He rambles on.

He watches Virgil take a few small steps closer to him. "Pat..." he starts, unable to find the words to continue. Patton waits to see if he will continue.

"I just... need you to say something sometimes, anything really. Just the small things can help. You have helped ease me out of panic attacks, you make us all smile, and you're our bubbly goofball. And sometimes I feel like the three of you don't want me because I'm so messed up, I can't do things." He chokes back a sob, "I can't deal with so much, people hate me, and I don't belong anywhere. Pat, I don't deserve you, Logan or Roman. You especially. You're too good for me and I'm sorry," the tears start to fall and he can't speak anymore. Patton pulls him closer and holds the crying male to him, hoping to calm him down.

"Don't say that, you deserve so much, you deserve to be happy, and to be loved. I love you" his voice fades to a whisper and he feels heat rising to his cheeks as he realizes what he said. "I always have" he concludes.

Virgil steps back, unsure of how to react, he scans Patton's face searching for a trace of it being a lie, or prank. Not finding anything, he mumbles "you... you love me?" He watches Patton nod, Virgil scans his face once more, and after finding nothing but sincerity, he pulls Patton into a hug and whispers back "I love you too." Patton smiles into Virgil's shoulder.

Shortly after Patton was sure Virgil had calmed down completely, he pulled back and looked at Virgil. Patton cups Virgil's face and leans closer, scanning his face for any signs of discomfort. Virgil leans forward and connects their lips.

They pull away as they hear the door open, revealing Logan and Roman. "Ah, there you are, we were concerned" Logan states pushing up his glasses, not paying attention to the closeness of the other two.

Patton steps away from Virgil and looks at their friends, his face burning. Roman notices the tint on Patton's cheeks and sends him a confused look. Patton brushes it off and says "let's go, class is about to start, right?" Logan nods and starts to walk out with the other three.

When Logan and Virgil were a safe distance ahead, Roman asks Patton "what happened back there?" Patton turns scarlet and shrugs.

"Not much" he replies nonchalantly, before skipping off ahead lacing his fingers through Virgil's. Giving Roman the answer he needed.

Roman smiles to himself and quickens his pace, catching up with his friends and boyfriend and taking his hand, allowing the four of them to walk to class together.

877 words

My first uploaded one shot. Hope you all enjoy.
Take care
Xx