3: New Job & Project

~Hey Queens! Here's the next update. If you're commenting on specific parts of the chapter, please do it as an inline comment and not in the genealogy comments. As always, I hope you enjoy! Remember to comment and vote.~

Chayse sat in the waiting room, with her portfolio in her hands. It had been about a week and a half since she sent off her photos to Gorgeous magazine and they had called her two days ago asking if she could come in for an interview. They had paid for her flight and she had gotten in last night.

Now as she waited, she couldn't help but to tap her foot nervously. This was the first time that she was actually going out for a job at a company. Being a freelance photographer allowed her to pick which jobs she wanted to take when people inquired about her services. They always came seeking her out. This time, she was the one going in search of a position. Though they had originally contacted her.

She had gotten their earlier than she needed to. She always tried to make it a habit to show up at least five minutes early, but she hadn't known how the traffic was going to be, so she had tried to give herself plenty of time to make it. However, there hadn't been any heavy traffic and she had shown up twenty minutes early.

“Ms. Moret.”

Chayse looked up to find a woman about the same age as her standing there. She had a pleasant smile on her face and for some reason, it helped with her nerves a bit.

“I'm Asia. Mrs. Wexler's assistant. Let me show you to her office.”

Nodding, Chayse stood, tucked her portfolio under her arm and began to follow Asia. She was led to the back of the building. As they walked past other rooms, she tried to get a lock at what was in each one. They stopped in front of the last door and Asia knocked before opening the door and leading Chayse in.

“Mrs. Wexler, this is Chayse Moret.”
Asia made the introductions. “She's here for her interview.”

The woman sitting at the desk was everything Chayse had imaged she would and wouldn't be. She was very pretty. She had a refined air about her, but also an easygoing aura. Her skin was the color of Hersey's chocolate and the white suit she wore popped against it. She gave Chayse a friendly smile and, like Asia's it helped to calm her nerves. She could tell that it was genuine.

“Thank you, Asia.” Mrs. Wexler stated and with that the other woman left them. “Please have a seat.” She then stated.

Chayse walked over and took one of the seats in front of her, placing her portfolio in her lap. She was quiet for a moment as the older woman seemed to study her.

“I'm very impressed by your work.” She stated after a moment breaking the silence.

“Thank you, Mrs. Wexler.”

“Please, call me Gale. Mrs. Wexler is my mother-in-law and I have no intentions of being that woman.” She stated with a smirk causing Chayse to laugh lightly.

“I brought more of my work, in case you would like to see it. I have a few photographs that aren't up on my website yet from a shoot I did last week.”

“Yes, I'd love to see them.”

Chayse handed the book over to her and watched silently and Gale flipped through them slowly. She could tell that the older woman knew what she was looking at, looking for. She studied each picture closely before going to the next one. She didn't just gaze at them quickly like most people often did.

When Gale was finished she closed the portfolio and looked up at her. Again she didn't speak for a moment and Chayse wondered what it was that she was thinking.