4: Another Late Night

~Hey Queens! Here's the next update. I know it's late, but it's still Monday...depending on where you live...and I'm still on schedule! Yay me! Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote. You know I love hearing from you!~

"I like the second one the best." Chayse stated after she and Alijah finished looking at the last apartment on their list.

    She had researched apartments and then set up appointments to see the ones that she had been interested in. Alijah had asked her why she hadn't tried to get one of the condos in the building. While Chayse would be making good money, she didn't want to spend a majority of it on rent and that was exactly what would happen if she moved into one of those condos. She was sure Alijah could talk Kieran into getting her a good deal since he owned a percentage of the building, but she would rather get something of her own.

    "Are you sure?" Alijah questioned as they got into her 2017 Porsche 911, that had been an overly expensive engagement gift. "That kitchen was sort of small."

    "I don't need a big kitchen. It's just me and Erin if I can get her to change her mind about moving with me. Besides, the second bedroom that it has would make a great in house photography studio if Erin doesn't change her mind."

    Chayse had tried to convince Erin to move with her when she had gotten the job. However, the older woman told her, she couldn't just up and leave her job and her apartment at the drop of a hat. She had said though she would be sad to see Chayse leave she was happy for her and she would be fine. They would just keep in contact and try to visit each other as often as possible.

    Though Chayse had heard her say the words, she wasn't convinced that Erin meant them. At least not the part about her being fine. She had a deep fear of being alone, of being forgotten about and Chayse couldn't help, but feel as if she was adding to it. Even if she was following her dreams.

    She wanted Erin to change her mind, but she knew she couldn't force her to. She couldn't make her do anything she didn't want to, or wasn't ready to and Chayse hoped that was what it was. That Erin simply wasn't ready to pack up and leave yet, because Chayse knew with her talent she could get a job anywhere she went. Hell, she could open her own shop.

    "I guess you're right. What time are you flying out tomorrow?"

    "At two in the afternoon."

    "And you're sure you don't need me to come back with you so I can help you pack and drive back? That's a day's drive."

    "I'm positive. I'm going to fly out tomorrow and start packing. Micah will be in town for business Thursday and Friday and he's going to help me drive back on Saturday. We'll probably stop somewhere to sleep and then finish up on Sunday. The apartment manager said it was move in ready, so I won't have to worry about waiting
once we get down here."

    "Right, Micah. The guy you met in August. How are things with him?"

    "They're fine. He's been to town and we've hung out a few times. We text and face-time."

    "He lives here in Denver, right? You think you guys will get serious when you move here?" Alijah questioned turning on her blinker, heading back to the second apartment they'd looked at.

    "I don't know. If it happens, then cool, I'll go with it. If it doesn't I won't be disappointed."

    They pulled back up to the apartment building, getting out and heading back inside. The manager smiled at them and Chayse told him she had decided on the apartment. He pulled out all the paperwork she needed and requested some information from her.