{5} "I...I didn't tell anyone."

Published: 2/18/18

Chapter 5

          THE WEEKEND COULDN'T have came and passed by any quicker. I ended up skipping school on Friday as well. I was stuck, since my mom was called in for another early shift at the hospital last minute. Lizzie's fever broke early Saturday morning, and now her cold was just down to a runny nose here and there.

          In truth, I was grateful because I couldn't afford to miss anymore school. I never usually got sick, but I needed to save my absences incase there was an emergency or something happened with the twins.

          Sometimes I hated it, because what teenager didn't love to skip once in a while?

          My car idled for a few moments before I cut the ignition and pulled the keys out. Emma was long gone already, having fled the car as soon as I parked. I was feeling a little lazy this morning and didn't want to get out right away. It didn't help that I hadn't gotten much sleep last night either.

          It's been raining on and off since last night. The sky was a dark grey, bolts of thunder sounding every few minutes. It even scared Lizzie so much that she didn't want to leave the house this morning, but thankfully it calmed down for the time it took to get them to daycare.

          I pulled the hinge of the car door, opening it and stepping out on the wet, slick concrete. Unfortunate for me, I parked in the back of the Senior parking lot, therefore I had to rush to the doors to get out of the rain. I made my way around the football team and through the entourage of the student council before I made it in one piece to my first period class.

          Taking a seat towards the window, I dropped my bag on the ground and whipped my phone out to ask Emma if she was coming home later. I took off my jacket and hung it on the back of the chair, hoping it would start to dry.

7:15 am
Elias: Hey

7:15 am
Elias: Sis 🙂

7:16 am
Elias: Hello????

7:16 am
The Devil's Incarnate: What the hell do you want???

7:16 am
Elias: Yo, u got practice td?

7:17 am
The Devil's Incarnate: Sorry to burst your bubble, bro. But it was canceled 😝

7:17 am
Elias: Nah, at least now I don't gotta make dinner 😏

7:18 am
The Devil's Incarnate: Oh rly? Considering I've made dinner the last 3 nights in a row.

7:19 am
Elias: Fine. Then I can just tell mom about your little escapade wit Jake Morgan last month...

7:19 am
The Devil's Incarnate: Do you seriously want to play that game?

7:20 am
Elias: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING

7:20 am
Elias: I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm gonna die 😱

7:21 am
The Devil's Incarnate: Good Boy, Good Boy. I'd like some steak tnght, yh? Okay cool I gotta go bfr Harrison catches me.