4.0 ~ Falkland's Fate

It was storming on the 13th of May, 1982.

The acrid aroma of smoke and gunpowder coated the deathly frigid air as the sun commenced its plummet down the horizon.

All throughout the battlegrounds, the cry of bloodshed erupted as men unleashed a never ending storm of blows onto the enemy.

Not long after, the islands were completely submerged underneath the blackened billows of a vexed sky.

The storm's fiery emotions unveiled itself in response to the turmoil in which stained the lands as a fierce downpour plunged onto the war-stricken world below.

Ascending high above the islands, a British fighter jet soared through the blackened sky as stiff rain drops pelted the metal confines violently.

"Jonathan Lloyd" was the name engraved into dangling dog tags from the cockpit.

After locking eyes with an Argentine fighter jet, he unleashed his firepower onto the opposing jet as soon as it flew within his cross hairs.

As a storm of bullets showered the unsuspecting enemy, it wasn't long before the right wing succumbed to a cloud of black smoke, and the aircraft quickly sunk deep into the darkened abyss below.

The fates were soon reversed however, when another Argentine fighter jet emerged close behind him.

In an instant, the British fighter pilot tugged briskly onto the controls. In response, his aircraft underwent a series of maneuvers in an attempt to dodge the oncoming projectiles from the enemy plane which soon followed.

Nevertheless, the relentless Argentinian pilot followed firmly behind, equipped with turrets determined to hit its mark.

"I've got one on me and I can't shake him!" Remarked the struggling pilot as he made every attempt possible to avoid the opposing airship's reckoning.

There was no reply to his plea for help. A clap of thunder erupted in an instant, drowning out the sound of destruction.

Jonathan's collected nature steadily began falling to pieces as the rounds began forcefully pelting the exterior of the aircraft.

The jet abruptly jeered to one side. Jonathan peered over in horror as the wing's engine capitulated to a blackened billow of its own demise.

The British pilot struggled in its wake to avoid the targeted projectiles.

As the shells continued to strike the British fighter jet, Jonathan gazed admirably at a picture of his six-year old daughter, pinned firmly to the hood of the dashboard.

The sight miraculously put his mind at ease, despite his underlining fate. Shutting his eyes, he began imagining her face one last time, being held by her mother, the most beautiful woman he would ever have met.

In that same instant, separated by two oceans, that same little girl in a flourishing white dress skips through the golden grasses of a prairie. The glimmering rays of sunlight shine through her curly brown hair as she wields matching white flowers in her small palms.

A warm feeling emerged the pilot into pure serenity.

It was in that instant that the occurring blasts had disabled another engine as the British soldier began descending steadily with the rain.

As the gunfire persisted, Jonathan accepted his fate.

However, what happened next left him utterly speechless. In just moments, he had realized that the enemy fire had come to an abrupt halt, and to his surprise witnesses the plane begin to rapidly submerge down below by no probable cause.

He then began to realize the engines shutting down entirely as the glow of the control panel instantly ceased.

All power of the aircraft was miraculously drained, and he too submerged into a free fall.

What he saw next fell slightly short of incomprehensible; nearly impossible to capture its entirety in words.

Lightning erupted from everywhere, all at once. Eruptions of death-defying claps thundered across the sky.

From within the chaos, never once did he witness something as horrifying. It didn't compare to even the atrocities of war he had encountered throughout his life.

As Jonathan stared terrifyingly out into the starless midnight, an immense white light beamed directly into the cockpit. The explosions intensified.

Shielding his eyes, he gazed intensely out at the boundless expanse of light before him. It had been brighter than anything he had ever laid eyes on.

Its immense luminescence was seemingly brighter than even a quasar.

Instantaneously, the British pilot could feel the aircraft begin to tremble violently as it accelerated it's deadly plunge. The light only intensified, blaring across the entire sky.

"Lord have mercy!!" Were the last words of Jonathan Lloyd, shortly before plummeting into the world below.

He never knew what hit him.

At that same instance, eight thousand miles away, a little girl grasping a handful of daisies gazes in admiration upon the setting sun.

A saddened expression touches her delicate face as she remembers her daddy who had to go away to fight in a war.

The setting golden rays steadily disappear behind the horizon as darkness begins to prevail around her.

Her sadness soon alters into fear as she realizes she had been engulfed by it. In a flash, however, luminous light instantaneously shunned the darkness away, and she soon found herself within the heart of the blinding white radiance.

Within the wondrous expanse of her hazel eyes as she gazed into the infinite maw of light, a foreign figure emerged.

First it had appeared as if an angel to the child.

As it approached it resembled more closely to a man.

"Daddy?" The little girl called out to the approaching silhouette.

The figure did not reply, but only came close to her from within the immense light.

It was at this moment that the figure began morphing into something horrible, a beast summoned from the deepest of hells.

The girl shrieked in fear and in a dire attempt, dropped the daisies and ran through the darkness, back from which she came.

In a flash the creature leaped in response to her escaping and chased close behind.

Just in that instant, as the beast was seconds away from pounding on its prey, the scene was succumbed to the brilliance of light.

In merely seconds, Jonathan Lloyd has awoken, panting and calling out to Sara in response to his vision.

After the memories subsided, he had realized where he was. Laying on the battle stricken ground, he had found himself along side the wreckage of his fighter jet, awe-stricken by his own survival.

However something was different.

It was then that it had occurred to him that the gunfire and explosions had long since came to a halt, and the air was deathly silent.