IV

25 votes? thanks guys

I couldn't stop counting the days, the weeks and the months... I've never heard her name again. Never seen her face. Never heard her voice. She vanished just like thin air, leaving nothing behind her except a broken heart.

Her and her boyfriend moved out the day following the what so called "incident". I stayed still on the other side of the door and waited.

Oh god I waited.

Two whole days before the door finally opened and she stared down at me as if I was a stranger. As if she was brainwashed or compelled to forget who I was. Who I am.

The indifference and hurt in her eyes were piercing through me like sharp knifes, tearing me down piece by piece. She talked slowly, in a very low voice, almost a whisper.

She told me to get away from her and never come back...so I did. I never came back for her. But I knew that she left with him. Her eyes already told the entire story. Her entire future. She chose him. She's going to be stuck with him forever and I couldn't change a thing about it.

She changed her phone number, her address... her own self.

Nothing has ever been the same since she left. I've only known the girl for a couple of days and I was already at her feet, head over heels in love with her. I didn't know her, she didn't know me...but it didn't matter. The way she kissed me hinted me that there was something special between us. A connection; an unbreakable bond.

Thrown away like dust.

"You're not going to eat?" Grayson nods at my full plate, only the clicking of his fork in his plate breaking the dead silence in the dining room. I weakly shake my head and stand up, picking up my plate and carefully placing it in the sink, as I've been doing for the past months.

I barely eat, I barely drink, I barely sleep.

Only her ear-piercing screams echoes in my head. In my mind. In my heart.

It broke me. It breaks me. It will forever haunt me.

I could've done something. I was strong enough, I could've break the door open. I could've called the police, I could've moved.

But I waited.

"Hey." Grayson grabs my arm and I flinch away from his touch by reflex. I cool down and take a deep breath, avoiding eye contact by fear of breaking down once more.

"Do you remember when Katherine died? How you were down for so god damn long?" his voice is deep and sincere, almost fragile as if he didn't want to hurt me with any of his words. I nod slowly, bringing my gaze up to his only to see the defeat and sadness in his eyes.

"You got over it, brother. Angel isn't dead, you can easily move on. So please do and eat."

I gulp nervously and look away, quickly eyeballing the picture frames hanging on the walls.

Baby Grayson and I, in our stupid kiddie pool, smiling like idiots. We were idiots.

A thin smile curls on my lips and disappears as soon as it appeared.

"Ok." I turn back to my brother and head back to the dining room with him, grabbing my plate along the way.

It's probably going to be cold, but I don't mind.

I'm actually very hungry. Close to be starving.

Grayson smiles toothlessly as he stares at me eating his dish. He grabs his plate and continues to eat with me, starting a boring ass conversation that I didn't want to talk about.