Chapter 2~ Cheerful Comedy

Your POV

"Come on Toby!" I called to him. "Hold on Y/N.....give.....me......a break." Toby seemed out of breath so I lowered my pace a bit. Timothy and Brian looked at one another and shrugged. We were heading down to the local candy shop where we would get some candy with the little money we had. Once we arrived at the shop, we entered and immediately searched for our favorite candies. I carried a handful of lollipops, Tootsie rolls, mint gum, and my f/c. We bought what we got and greedily began to shove them into our mouths.

Toby sucked on one of his lollipops and stared off into the distance while Brian and Timothy were quiet during the walk. "Look at the butterfly." Brian suddenly said outta nowhere. We looked to where he began pointing and saw a black butterfly with white tips. "I hear they're pretty rare." Timothy said. "You don't say?" Toby said. The butterfly landed on the dock and we admired it for a moment till it flew away.

I saw a bright and cheery carnival up ahead and my face lit up. "Look guys!" I exclaimed. Timothy and Brian looked at one another and dug into their pockets. "We only have $5." They both said in unison. Suddenly, Toby began running toward the colorful carnival. "T-T-T-To heck w-w-with i-i-it." Brian muttered. We ran close behind Toby and were out of breath when we arrived at the ticket booth. "Four please." Toby said. He handed the guy $20 bucks and received four rainbow colored tickets.

"Please enjoy Jack & Jill's carnival." The guy said and we ran into the carnival. All around us was games and food. I picked up the scent of hotdogs, cotton candy, and popcorn. "Hey, they're doing a show tonight." Timothy pointed to a rainbow colored tent which had two jesters standing outside waving at random people. "Why not?" I said. We walked toward the tent and entered, seeing two bigs boxes on the stage which were painted black and white. Toby began to silent scream which meant he was excited. We sat down in the front row and the next few minutes followed with other people filling in the rest of the empty seats.

Once the show began to start, two spotlights shone on both of the boxes and two clowns sprung out and landed safely in front of the boxes. They were both rainbow colored and looked to be about the same age. One was a girl, the other a boy. "Welcome ladies, gentleman, teenie weenies, and kiddies, to Jack's & Jill's Jokes Plalooza!" The boy said. "Brother, I must complain about a certain thing." The girl clown began. "Whatever is it sister?" The boy asked. "This color scheme isn't exactly that bright now is it?" The girl put her hands on her hips. "Sister, must we teach another a lesson in the complainant department? We can lock you up in your little cell with the puppets." The boy pointed over to a small crib which had puppets lying about. The audience cracked up.

"Very funny brother, but you cannot forget about the pie." The girl took out a pie and threw it at the clown's face. The boy licked the pie and a grin spread across. "Creamy. My favorite." He said. The audience cracked up once again. "It seems we've lost track of time dear sister, we must skip the other means of entertainment and get to the cannon!" The boy whistled and a cannon was brought up onto the stage. The boy put on a chef hat and took out a teddy bear. He dropped it into the cannon and aimed it at the audience. "Snippety snip." The girl said and the cannon fired. The teddy bear hit a boy and his face grew wide with a grin. "Fire the dolls!" The boy commanded and the girl shoved a bunch of doll versions of them into the cannon.

The dolls exploded above us and rained down on us all. Toby caught a girl version and I caught a boy version. We looked at one another and hugged the dolls tight. "Alrighty, enough with the advertisement Jackie." The girl said. "Straight to the point we go!" And the girl rolled the cannon down the steps while riding on it. "Well, I do standup comedy." The boy suddenly snapped his fingers and got a microphone from the girl. "Alright, now what do kids like these days?" He tapped his fingers for a moment then snapped his fingers once again. "So the other day, me and my sister were going over to our aunt's house and wouldn't you know it! She came right on out with a chainsaw." The girl behind the boy had a fake chainsaw and acted as if she was the psychotic aunt.

"She chased us around the place for a while until we finally lost her. Well, it wasn't for that long because we kinda gave away our hiding spot. Once she saw us, we knew what we had to do. We. Threw. Our. Pies. At. Her. It got pretty messy to the point to where she began to become sticky and reeked! Luckily, she wasn't really insane. It was only a halloween get up." The girl then tossed the fake chainsaw over her shoulder and pushed the boy aside. "Another odd story was one of the balloon incident." The girl said. "It all started one summer day when we were passing out balloons to kids and stumbled upon a little baby so I gave him one because babies are so cuuuuuuuteeee!" The girl began to squeal but the boy stopped her. "Sister, no need. Continue with the story." He said. "Thank you." The girl then continued from where she left off.

"Once we turned our backs, we heard a strange cry from above and saw that the child had floated up, up, up away! Luckily, he survived." The girl said.

About an hour had passed and the show still continued with Jack and Jill's comedy stories and jokes. Once the end neared, they sang a song to us and finished off with a bang. Really.

Me, Toby, Timothy, and Brian walked on out with a few couple of dolls. Brian had given the Jill doll to Toby and Timothy gave me the Jack doll. Our sets were complete. "Well come on! We have some rides to get to!" I said. We ran off to the nearest rides and stayed until the park closed.