Blanket fort

My sister and I were bored due to quarantine and I had the brilliant idea to build a blanket fort in the loft. Since it was my idea I decided to take charge and make it as big as possible to fit two bodies (I'm tall for my age at 5'8" and my sister is not too far behind me for being 4 years younger).

We stole a ton of chairs and tables and set them up as wide as we could and gathered as many blankets as we could...turns out it barely covered any of the fort. So we grabbed more from a blanket closet and then some of the 20 comforters I have on my bed. Just barely enough.

Me being the perfectionist I am decided to cover every inch of the fort so we couldn't see out of the fort and light couldn't shine in...turns out it was going to be a lot harder than we thought. So me being the bossy person I am kept bossing my sibling around to the point where she got annoyed so I yelled at her.

This happens a lot at our house to where we fight til my sibling goes running into her room crying because I said really nasty things and I feel really bad. So sure enough words are exchanged and my sister goes running off to her room. I felt guilty at this point as I always do but due to my pride I refused to go apologize and finished the fort.

The fort was amazing and fit two people in easily but at this point my sister was still upset and now I felt bad cause it's been like 20 minutes. So I looked at the fort and got a idea. After a lot of heavy lifting and fort altercations I made it so our heads were right by the tv I somehow managed to move from the top of the tv cabinet to the floor. And there were a bunch of fluffy blankets and her stuffies there too.

I went to her room and after I calmed her down and apologized she came out. She was blown away by the fort and couldn't wait to go in. When she went in she had a little private area for her to lay and the tv area all set up. She smiled and we turned on south park and laughed and eventually made beds in there and slept in there...its been 3 weeks and we still have the fort up (probably due to being too lazy to put everything back to normal or because it's fun to sleep in there)