Act VI : Pancakes

We got on the bus and there was no place to stand so we stood together. I was collecting my thoughts in embarrassment since we had never kissed in public before, not like that at least. He didn't say anything the entire bus trip and I hoped that it was because he was embarrassed as well. I wonder what he meant. I suddenly realised that my stop was the next so I got ready to say bye. I came up to him and said "I had an amazing time, thanks" and kissed him on the cheek. He simply said "I did too, thanks for coming". His eyes had an odd feel to them, they looked satisfied, and I couldn't imagine why. I left his eyes then and got off the bus. I was at the train station like I had planned. I went to change out of Melina and go home. I didn't have work just yet, only in the evening, but Jasper had his shift from the afternoon. So, we wouldn't be seeing each other anytime today. That made me a bit sad, I really wanted to meet Jasper today, it was odd thinking that I wanted to meet the same person on the same day but with a different feel. It really did feel like I had a sex friend and Jasper as well. Will I feel more inclined to spend time with Jasper or with Leo, that was the question. At least I wouldn't be cheating on him, per se, and that just felt so strange.

I changed out of my wig and reversed my jacket, perfect for disguises wouldn't you agree? I got on another bus to get home and when I finally reached my house, I realised that I was exhausted. I still had time for work so i took a nap. I awoke when it was getting dark and got dressed quickly to head to work. On my way I glanced at my phone to find a text from Leo "Shall we meet on the night after tomorrow? I'm a bit busy tomorrow". I sent him a quick reply when I reached work "Sure, no problem".

I didn't think much about his text, and Leo didn't concern me right now, it was Jasper. We hadn't spoken since I saw him the day before at my place. I worked at a quaint restaurant that served the local cuisine till midnight. Today's shift was a bit shorter than usual but because of that it was quite hectic. I kept my mind off of Jasper while working and didn't realise the passing of time. I finished my shift, locked up and as I was leaving I heard a familiar voice say "Kia!". I turned to find Jasper. I almost ran to hug him and while I was still holding him I said "I really wanted to see you today". He held me and said "I wanted to tell you what happened today face to face". I kept on holding to him until he said "I'm taking you home so you can hold me there when we're warm". I withdrew from our embrace and we walked to my place together.

On the way he told me how Talisa and Nicholas were planning to come to his house and tell him about how Leo and I were found together. They didn't know that Jasper was working today and just happened to come across him at the bus stop we were at this morning. So, that was why he kissed me then. I guess some problems were solved (like Talisa), but some problems could have arisen from that. After work, they met up with him and told him about Leo and asked about this morning. He just told them that it was not their business to butt into his or my relationship. Both of them were quite surprised but said nothing apart from asking if I knew about this morning. He told them that she knew about his friend and she was probably going to tell him about Leo when they met. They could say no more after that and left quietly.

I was quite surprised at the outcome of the whole affair but at least the both of them wouldn't be bothering us for the time being, at least I hoped so. Thanks to that precious wig and jacket! We reached my place and we opened the box I had brought from work for dinner. We sat down and relaxed while we talked about what we could do if it happened again. Oh well, the four of us would work it out somehow. I felt so relieved when I felt like it was working out. We finished eating and it was around 1 AM so I said that we should sleep. He agreed and we went to my bedroom, I was just about to clear the couch there when he was behind me with his arms around me. He said "Can we sleep on your bed instead?".