3

"Leigh, wake up!" Someone shakes me from my peaceful sleep.

"What?" I groan and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I open them and get blinded by the bright sunlight streaming in through the curtain-less windows. 

"We are going to get breakfast, you coming?" Jordyn asks while brushing through her hair. 

I stand up and comb my fingers through my hair, "I'll be right there, you guys can go ahead. I went to bed late last night and didn't realize I would sleep in that late." I usually wake up at 7:30 and it's 9:00 now.

"We will save you a seat." The girls all head out, leaving me alone to get ready. I put on a striped t-shirt and some ripped jean shorts. My fashion sense has always been called "plain" and "boring". It may be true but I kind of like it. I quickly put on mascara and Chapstick before putting on some converse and heading out to the café. 

I walk down the gravel path to the big building and am suddenly stopped by one of the girls I was supposed to "stay clear of" according to the others.

"Leigh, right?" The, who I'm guessing is the main bitch of this group, looks me up and down.

"Yeah? And who are you?" Why me? What could I have possibly done now?

"Ali. So, I saw you and Finn getting a little close last night." I knew I felt someone's eyes on me last night.

"Yeah and? I was making friends is that a problem?" I may be coming off rude but her friends keep whispering and looking at me as if they wanted to murder me so I think I have a right.

"You're new here, so I guess you didn't know. I'll let it slide this time." Ali looks at her nails.

"Not know what?"

All of Ali's friends start laughing behind her. Ali looks up at me as if she was surprised I wasn't informed about whatever I'm guessing she's going to tell me. "Listen, Leigh. Me and Finn have has a... thing every summer and you will not ruin it for me this summer or I will ruin you."

I throw my hands up in surrender and walk into where my friends are waiting for me. "Not my problem. Bye, Ali." I walk over to the table everyone, by that I mean my friends and their boys, and sit down in the last available seat. "Hey guys, sorry it took so long. I was approached by Finn's chick." 

"Who's Finn's chick?" Drew asks as he passes me a plate full of food. "This is for you, by the way."

"Thanks." I pull the plate closer and pick up a waffle. "That Ali girl. She is very protective over Finn."

"You are fucking with me right? Ali?" Finn groans. "She needs to get over herself. What did she say?"

I clear my throat and then say in a high pitched voice, "Finn is mine so don't get in my way or I will ruin you." I shrug, "Basically that."

Finn jumps up from the table and speed walks over to the table Ali and her friends are at. Ali looks up at him and smiles but that smile instantly disappears when Finn starts yelling at her. Something along the lines of, "It's only the second day and you're back to this shit," is said and then I stop listening, it's not really any of my business.

"Leigh, don't listen to whatever any of them say." Chris nudges me, "They only listen to what they want to hear." 

Mike speaks up, "It's been 2 years since Finn and Ali were a couple, they were only 13 so it barely meant shit."

Zach laughs, "Yup but Ali is still delusional. She gets more and more psychotic every year." I look up and see Finn walking back over, looking annoyed.

"What'd she say this time?" Emily sips her apple juice.

"We are meant to be and I will regret it when she becomes rich and famous." Finn runs his hands through his hair and sits down next to me. "You really do not need to worry about her. She is just a thing of the past." 

I find that really hard to believe.