6

"So, you guys almost kissed?" Hailey questions.

"Almost, and then..." I turn and face Nina.

"I've already told you I am sorry." Nina throws her head in her hands. 

I laugh and throw a pillow at her. "It was just a caught up in the moment thing, it wouldn't have happened if we were just hanging out, we were hanging out at 2 in the morning and he was dead tired."

"Stop making excuses, you should go hike with him, get lost on the mountain and profess your love for him." Jordyn throws the pillow I threw at Nina back at me.

"Speaking of, we better get going." Emily reminds us all.

We rushed out to the buses and took the short 5 minute ride to a small mountain. Everyone merged together and we slowly ascended. "Hey, Finn."

He looks over to me and waves me over. "Its been a solid 7 hours since I last saw you. Way too long. Gimme a hug."

"Finn, it is way too hot for this right now, but I will take your water because I am thirsty." I take a sip of the unopened water in his hand and smile at him. "Thanks, Finley."

"Anything for my girl." Finn winks back.

Cue me choking on nothing but air. "What did you just call me?" A hand pats me on the back.

"Do you not like it?" He smirks at me. "I've got a whole lotta other names."

"Which would be lovely to hear but we have to catch up with the others." We hike for a long freaking time until we make it to the top, it doesn't take long, and now is the time we eat sandwiches and chill out.

Finn insisted we sit away from everyone about an hour and a half ago, so we go and sit on a rock that is overlooking the sunset right now, very cliché I know.

"So who do you live with and why did they ship you off here?" Finn draws circles on my palm.

"Just my mom and my two dogs." I purse my lips, thinking about everything that happened in the past. "My mom brought me here because it was difficult for me to find friends, or a reason to leave my house, and she apparently knew I'd make friends here."

"Why couldn't you make friends?" Finn bites his lip.

"Don't ask me." I play with my hair. "I think I have been wearing people repellent my whole life."

"I happen to like you very much."

I look over to him and am about to speak when Finn's lips press against mine. Once he pulls away, he leans his forehead against mine, "No one could interrupt us that time. Alright, let's get going, everyone started walking down before."

It only takes a half hour to go down because this time we don't go all the way around several times, we go straight down.

Everyone says goodnight to each other and we head off to our separate cabins. Once everyone gets settled, I smile at the girls. "Nina couldn't stop it this time."