26. Gentle (Ramsey Bolton X Reader)

Requested by RavenRainyBlack

"He's so handsome" your sister Myranda, swooned at the sight of the Bolton bastard

"He's so handsome" your sister Myranda, swooned at the sight of the Bolton bastard. Ramsey Snow was practicing his archery constantly hitting the bullseye over and over, again and again. He was not a Bolton but he had more fear than many. Practically known for his skill in skinning people alive, he was feared by many and he was only 16.

"Oh yea, handsome" you said sarcastically, petting one of the hounds. You and your sister were the kennel masters daughters at the Dread Fort. Myranda would sometimes help with the hounds but mostly worked as a handmaiden. You were the one who got down and dirty with dogs.

"Oh come on, look at him" Myranda snapped, gesturing to Ramsey.

"That's what he looks like now" you reminded "He might get worst in his old age. For all you know he might get his face torn open by one of the hounds".

"They never would, they're loyal beasts" she huffed, looking away from the dogs and back to Ramsey.

"Unless they're hungry" you muttered "Like the lion who tasted mans flesh, they would never taste anything sweeter again". You scattered down some straw that would act as bedding. You knew what Ramsey used the hounds for. Not just for hunting animals but for hunting humans as well. That's why you desired to stay out of his way. If he wanted you in anyway and you denied him or if he simple wants a exhilarating chase, he would do it without remorse.

The next day, you had Myranda talk your ear off of how Ramsey had uttered a few words to her. It was as if she went mentally insane whenever he was around her. Sometimes it made you sick. Ramsey this and Ramsey that, it just went on and on. Suddenly you jumped when someone spoke behind you and it wasn't Myranda.

"Are the hounds ready?" Ramsey questioned behind you, making you gasp and look down as the dogs started to bark like maniacs.

"Yes, mi'lord" you said, looking down and tilting your heard away from the barks since they starting to hurt your ears.

"Down!" He yelled, immediately silencing the dogs before turning back to you. A certain gleam of curiosity flickered in his eyes as he tilted his head "I don't think I've seen you before".

"I just work in the kennels mi'lord" you stated looking up at him.

"How? You too pretty" he complimented "Pretty enough to be a princess".

"Well, we don't get the lives we want. We just have to live with what we get" you shrugged.

"No" he uttered getting really close to you "I guess we don't". He did nothing but stared into your eyes as you stared back, showing no fear. It was as if you could see a twinge of gentleness in his soul until he broke the trance, unlocking the cage doors and ordering the hounds to follow him. As he left Myranda was just walking in, smiling wildly as he passed but he took no notice of her.

"What happened?" She questioned, her mood quickly turning sour when she noticed you were there nearly pressed against the wall.

"Nothing, the master came for his hounds" you said, walking past her and out the kennels whilst trying to block out the feeling of your sisters eyes burning into the back of your head.

Days had passed and Ramsey had only exchanged a few words to you but he mostly stared at you with nothing but pure curiosity. Like a curious kitten. Myranda had tried harder to get Ramsey attention but she knew he was more interested in you. It was causing a huge shift in your relationship but it was mostly Myranda who stayed mad.

"Another day of cleaning the hounds?" You heard Ramsey comment behind you.

"It is my job, mi'lord" you smiled.

"I was thinking about taking the hounds out, let them have a run. I would like you to accompany me" he informed. Huffing, you wiped your hands with a cloth before throwing.

"Ok, mi'lord" you nodded, opening the hounds cages.

"Ok? That's it? Don't you know what happens when I go out with my hounds? Something dies" he said, like he was testing you.

"Of course I do" you answered "but those hounds can do so much worse than what you can do. So it's them who I'm afraid of". There was another glint in his eye, almost as if he looked impressed, whilst a slight grin grew on his face. He gestured his hand to the stables whilst whistling for the hounds to follow. When you reached the stables you noticed two horses were already saddled as if Ramsey knew you were going to say yes. You climbed onto a horse whilst Ramsey climbed on his, kicking it in the side and trotting it off through the gates of the Dread Fort and into the woods. As you left you noticed Myranda glaring at you with a the hate in the seven kingdoms.

Neither of you had spoken, the only sounds were the chirping of birds or the occasional bark from a hound.

"Is it true? About you and flaying?" You asked, trying to make a conversation. He looked at you slightly shocked but answered.

"Yes" he nodded.

"Must be a hard skill to learn" you said which he nodded to "Do you - do you enjoy anything else?".

"I enjoy archery" he spoke, surprised that you asked him that.

"I should've known. I've seen you practice so many times. You're incredible" you said, looking at him with a slight tint on your cheeks. He gave you a sweet smile that made a warm feeling grow in you as you smile did for him. The two of you continued to talk, exchanging what hobbies you enjoyed or what you liked to do in your spare time. Ramsey couldn't take his eyes off you. The way the sun got caught in your eyes almost made them look like they sparkled. As you rode under a tree he spotted beautiful white flowers as white as freshly set snow. He reached up and plucked a single one off, making his horse ride right up besides yours. You looked at him bashfully as he tucked it behind your ear. In his opinion, the flower's looks was nothing compared to your beautiful. He just gave a gentle smile, taking your hand in his and made the horses walk again.
You considered this to be one of the best days of your life, learning more abut the Bolton bastard and seeing the true gentle man that was hidden underneath.

A Ramsey imagine. This was requested by RavenRainyBlack . I hope this was good enough for you. I think you made a great request because I did enjoy seeing Ramsey's softer side on occasions and I hope I did you requested right. My mocks have been kill me, I can't believe it. I'm so tired already.
I AM EXCEPTING REQUESTS.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed.
See ya round.✌️
And remember ...
"Winter ... is Here".