44. Arms Of The Woman He Loved (Jaime Lannister X Reader)

The snow fell gently as you looked over the white fields

The snow fell gently as you looked over the white fields. Winterfell was still, quiet. The Night King defeated. His army, nothing but piles of rotting flesh and old bones.

But there was no joy in that morning, the dead of your own were large in number. Dothraki, Unsullied, Free Folk, North men, men of the Vale, Iron born. All fought together and died together. The funeral was short, a few words said and the bodies burnt.

Afterwards a feast was held in victory of vanquishing the icy foe. Though throughout the feast you could tell Jaime was distant. He would smile, laugh and drink but you could see it in his eyes. Something was on his mind.

You woke up after the feast, late in the night when you heard a horse neighing. Glancing out the window, you spotted Jaime in the darkness. Without a second thought you ran out your chamber though the castle. You walked out to the court yard, pulling your fur cloak closer to your body noticing Jaime saddling up his horse.

"You going for a ride?" You asked. His eyes snapped towards you for a second before returning to the saddle.

"Of sorts".

"Well let me come with you" you suggested with a weary smile, noticing his shifty behaviour "Twilight could use a run".

"No" he responded quickly.

Your smile fell, eyes filling with concern "You can't go back".

"I have unfinished business" he informed.

"You don't have to go back to her, she'll kill you" you argued, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"She's my sister" he spat back.

"Then Seven Hells Jaime, listen to me as a friend!" You snapped, taking his face in your hands "You know what it she is, what she's capable of. You don't have to suffer with her. You can stay here, start a new life".

Jaime looked down causing tears to prickle in your eyes "If not for yourself then for Brienne, for Tyrion. For me! I - I can't lose anyone else".

"Everything I've done, I've done for Cersei" he said almost ashamed, his hand coming up to caress yours before pulling it away from him "I need to right my wrongs ... even if you lose me".

A sob left your lips, with tears leaving your eyes as Jaime climbed on his horse. You watched in sadness as he rode away not bothering to look back, leaving you to stand in the court yard; broken and alone.

Though when Jaime reached Kings Landing everything had gone crazy. The commoners were fearing for their lives at the news of the Dragon Queen was coming. It was fuelled more when one of the dragons were killed, making them think Daenerys would come for revenge. It took him a while but he had finally made into the Red Keep, finding Cersei on the throne. Some men standing at the walls, Qyburn to her left and the Mountain to her right.