Meet The Team

Why was I so excited about this? I mean I’ve had friends before, it’s not like meeting people was something new. I just hope I don’t become a klutz or embarrass myself. The buzz in me cooled down as I walked in the ‘slow-but-surely’ line to lunch, I saw a lot of kids running in, guess they still do that in high school. I chuckled to myself and put my hands in my jacket pocket, walking into the cold and big ass room of the Cafeteria.

Looking around at the room, it was pretty big. I was leaning on the front wall by one of the windows, looking around for Adam. To be honest I wasn’t hungry, I ate a cinnamon roll and my mom made me 2 blueberry pancakes. Sinna is a good mom, in fact she’s a great step-mom. Ever since my actual mother left my dad and I about 5 years back, my dad met Sinna, and they got engaged 8 months dating, and now their married. They haven’t had a wedding but Sinna’s told me that she’s always wanted one and is saving up for one, my dad too.

He loved Sinna, or what I could conclude. They met at a bar when she worked there, it was a week after my mom had left and I guessed he was stressed. He didn't get abusive or anything, he actually tried his best comforting me even though I wasn't THAT affected by my mom's abscence. Or at least not nearly as he was...
Anyway, she was working there and a conversation sparked up when he ordered a couple beers. She told me they talked for 2 hours straight before he suggested going home. They exchanged numbers and a week later they went on their first date. I remember the night he came home, I thought he was drunk from how happy he looked He was practically swaying. Of course I asked, and he told me about the night in full detail, like he needed to tell someone. I found it so cute!
I first met her after 2 weeks since he went to the bar, and my first impression was that she was a gold digger by sight. I felt guilty when we started talking over dinner, Sinna really is a good person by heart and I think it really helped my dad throughout the years. 
Continuing on, 8 months later he proposed to her when they were in Vegas for the week. I stayed home and watched all the seasons of Glee out of boredem, chilling with my cat Ray and eating pizza or chinese food. 

When they came back they always held hands, and sometimes they still act like the cute couple they were years ago. It suprises me so much really. Sinna is 29, and my dad is 37, she got married pretty young but she says that she doesn't regret it one bit. throughout the years Sinna has been nothing but supportive to not only my dad but me too, I could even compare to my actual mom when I was young and she wasn't injecting herion and snorting crack. She got pretty messed up somewhere along the line, I don't even know how or why, she just started coming home at 3 in the morning and smelled gross. It couldn't be helped.

Wow that went pretty off topic, anyway, in that slow moment of time spent thinking, I hadn't seen Adam waving his hand in front of mem.

I shook my head and blinked my eyes a few times while blurting out, "Oh uh, sorry dude." 

"Yeah took you long enough," Adam said jokingly, letting his hand fall to his side, "What we're you thinking about?"

"Just stuff, where are you sitting?"

"Follow me." He stated, and I followed close behind slipping through the lines of people that waited for their lunches. 

We ended up by one of the middle rows where more than half of the row was filled with a group of boys. 

"You guys," Adam spoke up to get everyone's attention, "this is Ty." 

I didn't know if I should've waved or not but I did anyway and I noticed a familiar face - Quentin, the guy from English! 

"Hey, Ty!" Quentin responded a bit more enthusatic than the others.

"Do you know him?" Some guy with a black tuxedo shirt and a furry bacca hat asked.

"Met him in English." I nodded to that and looked around the table.

There were a few faces I had seen in earlier classes, like a older-looking guy with dark brown hair and a beard, he also had shades and a navy blue shirt with a black jacket over it (SSundee). I saw him in Math.

Next, a bright blond guy with a black shirt that had a picture of a stick of … butter on it? No wait that’s gold, a gold ingot (GoldSolace). He was in my Science class.

Lastly –and this was someone who I saw on the bus –some guy with shades –Jeez whats up with everyone in shades? –and a yellow tie (Bodil40).

 After awkwardly standing there for a few seconds before Adam told me to actually sit, I sat down in between Adam and Quentin. Adam sat on the left side of me, on the end seat of the table.

 “So did you just move here?" The first question popped up from some smaller looking kid in a purple hoodie with a white headband.

 “Yeah, I’m from Arizona.”      

 “Nice, how’s it like there?”

 “Uh, pretty cool I guess, it’s hot.”

 “It’s always raining where I come from!” A thick Bulgarian accent spoke.

 “Where you from?” I asked, leaning over the table to look at the yellow-tie guy.

 “Bulgaria!” He said happily, “I’m Bodil, or Martin, but people just call me Bodil.”

 “Oh my God, Bodil do the laugh, he has to hear the laugh!” Adam giggled out and the rest of the group got pretty excited about this … laugh?

Bodil grinned and began to laugh hard, and I broke into uncontrollable laughter from the sound of this guy’s laugh. It was just too great, it was the funniest laugh I have ever heard in my entire laugh. In that moment the entire table broke into giggles and laughs, earning us some stares from the other tables but I doubt anybody gave a damn.