End of the first

The rest of the day went smoothly,

French class was just me getting a language book as I went in the teacher’s assistant (Ms. Allen) and she just told me the basics.

In wood shop the teacher didn’t really mind what I did because I was new, and also Seto was in my wood shop class so I just hung out with him and we talked while he crafted a small wooden creeper.

Although what I found most exciting was P.E., even though I sat out for the day.

~

It was the last class of the day, and as much as it was fun and pretty successful, I was also hungry and was thinking about those Funyuns I left in the cabinet.

I pushed open the blue door open and walked into the locker room that was already filled with loud chatter and the closing –or opening –of lockers. I looked around and saw the teacher’s room, behind a closed door that had a hanging sign saying ‘COACH HOWARD.’

The room was on the left corner of the locker room, and had a window in the front part that revealed the teacher on his computer. I sighed and walked up to the door, not caring to look back into the locker room where the boys all sat at.

I knocked onto the door with one hand, the yellow sheet in my other. The door opened to a muscular man with light brown hair, a whistle hanging from his neck over a blue jacket. He was least to say intimidating.

“Can I help you?” He also had a deep voice, not near as low as Davis but it was considered deep.

“Uh, I’m new, can you sign this?” +5 to Ty again for not stuttering, but I got used to asking the teachers anyway.

The paper thing just went as it always did, and I walked out of his office looking around the room. Am I supposed to sit down or something..?

“Ty!”

I turned to the corner of the lockers to see a good amount of the friends I made at lunch sitting on the benches, but it was Adam who called me over. I sighed of relief and walked over, sliding onto an open spot in the bench.

“Hey guys,” I replied, looking at everyone. There was Adam, Quentin, Brice, Bodil, Double –Bodil’s friend, Jason, Dakota, and Brandon (Bashur), and across the locker room was Ryan (xRpMx13). He sat at the table but only near Mitch and Jerome, I guess he was only really associated with them…?

Anyway, the crew talked and all, for the mostpart I listened, which I was fine with. Until about 10 minutes later the Coach walked out of his room and signaled for everyone to follow him to the double doors that led into the gym. Adam just signaled me to follow along and I did.

The gym was your average high school gym, large, and bleachers sat on both sides of the room. 2 basketball hoops were placed on the North and South side, the West and East one’s were pulled up and not in use.

They played basketball and I sat on the bleachers, leaning back and playing on my phone until the Coach blew his whistle far more louder than he previously had and we all went inside. They changed out of their gym clothes and waited for the bell to ring.

I exchanged my goodbyes with them all seeing as I’m the only one who was going to the office, behind the rest, Adam walked up to me for a second.

“It was nice meeting you, Ty, you’re really cool. Bye.” And he walked off, I smiled uncontrollably. It was just a smile of comfort that felt so warm. What a suprinsgly nice day.

I headed up to Demo’s office and right before I put my knuckle to the wood, the door opened up right before and Demo stood there with a smile.

“Glad you remembered to return it,” As I walked on –I held the yellow paper out in my hand –she continued to speak while letting the door close, “When I was new in middle school I forgot and I got so nervous,” She let out a sigh and I set my paper on the desk, not getting too comfortable in my chair.

“I was always such a nervous kid, thank God I’m not as much.” I only nodded in response, it’s not that I didn’t care, it’s just that Funyuns felt more important at the moment. With a few quick types, she put the yellow paper in my file and set it back in the desk.

“You’re free to go, see you tomorrow!” I smiled back at her and waved back, exiting my way out of the nearest Office doors and rushing to the bus.

I sat on an occupied seat –and currently the only seat that didn’t look like I’d completely fall off, earning a hiss from the 2 girls next to me but I could care less, I pulled out my phone and putting in my earphones for the trip home…