Episode 10

Bambi's PoV-

"Ladies and gents, this hasn't happened in eighty years! You can't pass up this chance! Come on by!" A vendor nearby shouted out from one of the various white tents all pushed close together. Admittedly, the fair on ice was amazing, but I'd rather be back at the mansion. I hate the cold.

My eyes flickered from shop to shop and the sound of a wooden ball hitting wooden pins caught my attention as we walked passed it. I heard fire crackling and the smell of roasted pig filled my nose. The urge to roast marshmallows made my hands twitch. The fair was crowded with men and women looking at each shop, while children ran between the crowd. I shivered, freezing. My thin jacket did very little to keep the cold out.

"I see. 'Frost fair' is an appropriate name." Sebastian began to speak, breaking the silence between the three of us. I watched on in longing as I saw some kids skating along the ice, the blades scratching the thick surface sending particles of snow flying around. One of the kids noticed my stare and smiled at me, waving. I send a smile back and give him a little wave as well. I didn't expect him to gracefully skate over to where I was standing.

I stepped back as the boy, who seemed to be around my age now that I had a better look at him, stopped right in front of me, sending snowflakes onto my young master. I had to bite back a laugh at the look of annoyance on his face. I turned to face the newcomer, a silent question in my eyes.

"I thought you could have a little fun, you don't look too happy. My little sister brought an extra pair of skates, she says you can use them." He said, holding his hand out. I look the boy up and down, analyzing him.

His brown hair was styled the same way as Ciel's, the bangs slightly blocking his emerald eyes. He wore a thick light brown jacket to keep himself warm, a lavender scarf was wrapped around his neck. He stood a few inches taller than me, mainly because of the extra height from his ice skates. I could feel Ciel's glare burning into the back of my head.

"Bambi! Let's go. We haven't got all day!" He called, making me sigh. I look up to the boy, a sad smile on my face. "My apologies..." I started, realizing I didn't know his name. "Ryan." He provided. I smiled at his name. "My apologies, Ryan. But my master is calling." His eyes widened. "M-Master?!" I blinked at his tone, tilting my head. He shook his head, smiling sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry, you just don't seem like a maid to me." I let out an airy laugh, letting a toothy grin grow on my face. "You have a beautiful smile." Ryan complemented, making me blush a cherry red and look at the skate trails on the icy ground below us. A cold wind blew, making me shiver and cross my arms, hoping to keep what small amount of warmth I had left in my body.

I felt something rest on my shoulders and wrap around my neck. Upon looking at what it was, I noticed it was the lavender scarf that Ryan was wearing. My eyes snap to his grinning figure. "You looked like you needed it more. Plus, it matches your lovely lilac eyes." I felt my face heat up even more at his words. I smiled softly, holding the ends of the scarf in my gloved hands gently. "Thank you." I whispered, looking into his glimmering emerald orbs. "Besides, what kind of master let's his servant catch her death of cold?" Ryan frowned, his voice low. I opened my mouth to respond, but I heard Ciel clearing his throat impatiently.

Holding back another sigh, I wave farewell to Ryan and rush to catch up to Ciel and Sebastian. When I do, I notice Ciel glaring at me. I ignore it, choosing instead to fiddle with the scarf around my neck.

We walk for a tad bit longer before I walk past a crack in between two tents. Suddenly, I felt a pair of feminine hands cover my mouth and pull me back. I struggle against the strong grip and look back to my attacker in fear, only to find confusion filling my body. I pull the hands off of my mouth and stare at her incredulously.