Episode 13.4

Bambi's PoV-

I couldn't get what Ciel had said last night out of my head. The voice he heard. It can't be... It's impossible. I thought he was dead. No... He is dead. No way around it. I watched him burn with my own eyes.

"All right! Today I'll whip up my very best--" Bard's exclamation brought me out of my thoughts. "Bambi will cook." I froze at Sebastian's words, watching as he took the pan from Bard's hand and placed it in my arms.

"Excuse me?! I was going to make my special--" Sebastian cut Bard off with a glare and I got ready to start cooking, gathering the ingredients needed to make dinner for Ciel and Soma.

"Bambi? I was wondering if I could be of any service." I glanced up to the kitchen doorway to see Agni standing there. I gave him a soft smile and shook my head. "You just relax and enjoy yourself. You're a guest, Agni." The man smiles back kindly and takes one step into the kitchen. "Two can work must faster than one. Please, ask me for anything."

A thought formed in my mind, making my smile grow. "Well, if you insist... Would you like to make the dessert?" Agni grinned and with a light bow, came further into the kitchen to stand by my side. Bard, upset he couldn't help, walked out with a gloomy look on his face. I felt bad for the man, but he's just a walking disaster when it comes to cooking.

Agni and I got started on dinner, he monitored the stew while I chopped up the veggies. I felt the butler's gaze boring into the back of my head and sighed mentally. "Is something wrong, Agni?" I asked, glancing at the man. His eyes widened and he looked towards the ground for a moment before what seemed to be determination crossed his face. I furrowed my brows. What on Earth is he going to say...

"We haven't known each other long, but the prince has grown quite fond of you. As have I." My eyes widened at his statement. I felt my cheeks flush. Agni frowned as if conflicted. "You don't seem bad, not like others of your kind." I stiffened. My...kind...? He can't know...

He must have seen the look on my face, because he nodded his head, a grave expression spreading across his own face. "I have met up with your kind before. You're...different. You're not a lawless beast like them, you have control. But that control is fading fast, isn't it?" I blinked at his observation, before looking down to the ground, upset that he could read me so easily.

"Do not be ashamed of what you--" My eyes shot back up to him in a frigid blue glare. He stepped back, frightened. I could hear his heart beating faster. "'Don't be ashamed'? How can I not be ashamed?! I'm a monster! An uncontrollable beast! I didn't ask to be this way! He did this to me!" My voice cracked on the last sentence and I fell to my knees in the kitchen. I felt my shoulders shake as I fought to keep in my tears.

An arm wrapped itself around my shoulders. Agni pulled me into his chest, letting me get a whiff of his scent. He smelt like peanuts. "Hush, little one. You are no monster." I pulled away from his comforting embrace. "How am I not a monster?" His stormy gray eyes looked into my violet ones. "You were created. Not born. You did not choose this life. Someone deigned it on you." I sniffled lightly and took in his words, letting them soak in. "If you know what I am, how can you look at me, much less touch me?" My whispered words made him chuckle.

"You will not hurt me or Prince Soma. I can sense that much. That is why I encouraged him in his pursuit." He smiled, his eyes closed. I frowned warily at his choice of words. "His pursuit of what?" Agni froze and chuckled nervously, backing away and standing up. I followed suit, glaring at him. "Pursuit. Of. What?" I repeated through gritted teeth. "W-We heard from the servants that CIel does have a fiancè. S-Soma seemed to take a quick liking to you s-so I--"