Chapter Two

Please make sure to vote and comment, thanks!

Michael

"Carter if you don't hurry up, we'll be late for school!" 

I was dressed in my plain school clothes and was no longer wearing my usual butler suit. I go to the same high school with Carter and Chester. Yeah, I know it sounds weird that Carter's butler goes to the same school with him but Its not my fault that I was brought into the Hayward's household and hired as his personal butler at such a young age.

Even though all three of us go to the same school, Carter proposed a rule back when we started middle school which has been bothering me till this day. I remembered that day when we were getting ready for school and Carter was waiting by my room that was right next to his. He called me over and said that we shouldn't be around each other and act as if we were strangers.

I was confused so I questioned why he was suddenly telling me all of this. Carter went straight to the point and told me that he was doing this because he didn't want people knowing that we lived in the same mansion and especially since I recently became his butler. I never questioned him the real reason why but my obvious thought was because he didn't want to be made fun of for having a butler who goes to the same school with him.

Since that day, we have been ignoring each other when it came to school or if we bumped into friends at public places. We were now seniors and it's been nearly seven years since this has been happening. It didn't bother me but as time passed, I was growing a bit irritated whenever I'd come up and asked him something or greeted him but he ignored me.  He'd ignored me at school but once we were at home, we would talk normally to each other.

I hated it.

I barely brought up the rule he made because I didn't want to make the atmosphere tense and end up getting into an argument with him. Deep down inside, I felt my heart aching when we pass by each other at school. He'd hung around his group of friends as I did with mine. Although we lived inside the same mansion and talk, my relationship with him changes drastically once I step inside the front door at school.

Carter woke up late this time and was in a rush. I stood there watching him in amusement as he brushed his teeth while changing into his clothes. It was hilarious how he had one hand on his tooth brush while the other pulling his pants up. School was going to start in less than ten minutes and Carter didn't even eat his breakfast yet. All of the Hayward children were on their way to school except for me, Chester, and Carter. 

"Would ya hurry it up dude? We're going to be late for school!" Chester shouted out.

"I'm almost done," Carter shouted back, coming out of the bathroom with no shirt on. "I just need to get my shirt and grab my bag and we're out of here." 

I had to force myself to look away from his toned chest or else I'd find myself drooling.

After Carter grabbed his bag and left the room, I gave him a bagel with cream cheese since he didn't have enough time to eat his breakfast here. "Thanks, I thought I was going to school ending up hungry." He said giving me a smile before taking the bagel and eating it. 

When we reached the garage, Chester was leaning on Carter's black matte Lamborghini while texting on his phone. "Chester no leaning on my car, back off before you cause any damage to it." Carter waved him off.

"Chill man, it's just a car. It's not like I made a dent."

"It's not just a 'car' Chester, dad bought this for me last year and I promised him that I would take care of my baby."

"Yeah because you consider that car your 'baby' now."

"Its still brand new to me, I don't like people sitting or leaning on my car. No one does that except for me."