Chapter Three

Please make sure to vote and comment, thanks!

Michael

My heart shattered at the awful sight happening right in front of my eyes.

Carter and Melissa were having a heated make out session and what made it worse for me was that Carter was shirtless. My eyes were on his hands, making his way down Melissa's pink polka dot blouse so he can pull it off of her.

Once Melissa was in her bra, she took her blouse and threw it across the room. The horror of seeing them close together again was making my heart ache in pain and I hated it. I forced myself to look away and the last thing I saw was Carter taking her bra off.

I pulled away from the sight and went straight to my room which was right next door to his. I locked the door and sat on my bed. I put my hand on my chest and felt my heart pumping ferociously. The sun was finally setting and darkness was starting to fill in.

After a minute or two, my heartbeat was beginning to slow down. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to calm myself. Another thirty seconds passed and I opened my eyes and looked down at my hands that were covered with my white gloves.

I turned my head to the right and glanced at the picture frame that was on top of my wooden drawer. I took the picture frame and stared at the old picture of me and Carter in our fifth grade graduation ceremony. We were both smiling, our arms on each other's shoulders.

Carter looked so adorable with his short brown hair gelled to the side while mines was just a boring plain black. We had both graduated from elementary school and had a sleep over at one of Carter's friends house. We spent the night watching movies, playing video games, and eating all the junk food in the pantry until our tummies hurt.

I remembered that we were having a pillow fight and who ever could hit the hardest and knock everybody down was the winner. Me being the weak person in the group, I was the first to be hit hard in the face by some kid named James. I was hit pretty hard to the point where I actually fell off the bed and landed on the floor.

Everyone was hitting one another with their pillows as if they were actually trying to kill each other. There were feathers flying everywhere and covered the room like snow.

I was picking myself up when I suddenly slammed into someone, making me fall down on hard ground again. My head was hurting from the impact and once I opened my eyes, I was met with the most beautiful hazel brown eyes that happen to be staring right at me. It was Carter who was on top of me because no one in this room possessed hazel eyes except for him. I felt his body weight pushing me down as I laid there, my eyes glancing down at his big bright smile.

To my eyes, everything around us was in slow motion. It was just me and Carter staring while everyone was trying to kill each other with pillows. For the first time, I felt something weird in my belly which I eventually found out to be called 'butterflies in my stomach.' My heart rate started to pick up and I felt my cheeks burning from our close contact.

Everything was going well until I was snapped back to reality when Carter got off of me laughing his ass off. He gave me a hand to pull me up and asked if I was okay which I replied with a simple no.

I hadn't realized that I was already crying because there were tears falling down my face. It was during that special moment between me and Carter was when I developed feelings for him and till this day I still do.

It pained me to see him being in a relationship with many girls in the past, but the one that hurts me the most was seeing him with Melissa because their relationship lasted much longer and it seemed as if they were actually committed to their relationship until they broke up a year ago.