Something Interesting

Armpit danced outside with a group of people following him. Stan walked over, grinning and laughing with them. Armpit lifted his arms and everyone exclaimed in disgust, groaning and falling over.

"Armpit, put it down! Put it down!"

A kid hurried forward to pull Armpit's arms down. The kids laughed, covering their noses and pretending to fan the smell away.

-----

"Hey, look," a kid pointed at the sky as they dug. "A cloud. Right there."

The group murmured as they looked up.

"Maybe it'll move in front of the sun," Zigzag hoped.

"C'mon, lil' cloud," Robot begged. "You can do it!"

"Please, that's all I'm asking for is just a little shade," Armpit sighed.

"Warden owns the shade, man," Stan grunted, tossing a rock out of his hole.

"Maybe we'll get lucky. Maybe we'll get some clouds. It'll rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Stan dug his shovel into the dirt and heard the sound of metal hitting metal.

"Yeah, and we'll have to build an ark. And get two of each animal."

Stan bent down to sift through the dirt with his hands.

"Yeah, two scorpions, two rattlesnakes, two yellow-spotted lizards- all of that."

Stan peered at the object he pulled out of the dirt. It was round and pointed at one end. He slowly stood up, turning it over in his hands.

"Hey, what you got there, Boxer?" A kid asked. Him and a few others hurried over to Stan's spot. "What you got there?"

"I don't know," Stan answered. Kitty paused in her digging, peering over the edge of her hole. "Hey, X, I think I might have found something."

X-Ray jumped out of his hole and walked over, followed by Armpit.

"Let me see," X-Ray said. He took the object.

"What do you think?" Stan asked.

"...Looks like an old shotgun shell or somethin', man," X-Ray guessed.

"No, it's too skinny to be a shotgun shell," Dipper corrected. "But look at this." He took it and turned it over, pointing at a spot near the bottom. "You see the heart? With the letters in it?"

"Yeah, 'K.B'," Stan nodded. The object made it back into his hands. The kids passed it around, murmuring.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's Keith Berenger," Zigzag said.

"Man, who is that?"

"He was in my math class," Zigzag answered. Laughter.

"Good thinking, Zigzag. Yeah, it must belong to him, huh?"

"Well, I'm gonna go show it to Mom," X-Ray said, standing up. "Maybe I'll get the rest of the day off."

"Rest of the day off?" Stan questioned, following him. "No way, your hole's already dug! I'm not even close- I'm gonna be out here all day!"

"Yeah, so?" X-Ray got in Stan's face threateningly. As much as Stan wanted to deck him right then, it probably wouldn't have been the smartest move.

"So, uh, why don't you- why don't you just turn it in tomorrow?" He suggested. "Y'know, give it to Mom in the morning? Then you get the whole day off."

"...That's good thinking, Boxer," X-Ray nodded. He grinned. "I like it."

"Pretty smart, Boxer. Pretty smart."