You are not alone

Joh 14:18 ¶ "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

This was Jesus speaking. He is still speaking. You can never do much when you depend on your ability. God had a plan all along. He sent Jesus to us and when He left, He sent the Holy Spirit. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever-- You are never alone. The spirit gives us strength when we are weak. He revives us. The Holy spirit gives us power. Growth doesn't happen instantaneously. It's more like physical growth. You grow well. You feed on junk, you might not be healthy. Same applies to our spiritual lives. If we feed on junk, we become spiritually impoverished. God uses people differently. We can't all have the same experience with Him. What I feel, you may not feel. What I do to maintain my spirituality may not be relevant to you. In the end, what we do should be for God and to glorify Him. I would wonder what was wrong with the pharisees. They prayed. They fasted. They taught scriptures. They basically did everything they needed to do in order to please God. But why was God not please? Why did Jesus Rebuke them? Why does He say we need to be better than the pharisees? Its very simple really. The lives of the pharisees revolved around themselves. They started with themselves and ended with themselves. What they did never included God. So that was the only problem. They were known to be the spiritual giants yet they never knew God. That can happen to us when we decide to do everything on our own. God is always waiting on us. we shouldn't be religious but be spiritual. Letting The spirit take sovereignty. Remember, you entrusted your life to Jesus. Let Him help you through the Holy Spirit. Growth happens when we realize that we cannot do it alone. Primarily, we are to depend on God and the people that have had a continual relationship with God for a long period of time.   Pr 27:17 ¶ As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. We grow when we associate with the right people. There is nothing wrong with learning from others, regardless of their age. The problem is that, we have pride. God uses a strong word against the proud. Check this out. 

1Peter 5:5 ¶ Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

He resists the proud. That is a very strong word. He resists the proud. Part of being humble is learning to be submissive. Joshua was under Moses' wings. Elisha under Elijah's. Doings things alone, without God can actually cause His spirit to depart. When the Spirit comes to settle upon you, He comes to take over. He comes to lead. He comes to guide. So when you feel you can do it on your own, He leaves you to it. What happened to Saul? He stopped obeying God and started doing things alone. 1 Samuel 16:14 ¶ But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the LORD troubled him. It's important to be obedient to God and never to take things in our own hands. God is always willing to guide us and help us as long as we are willing to obey Him. You know, He can never chase you away. He is always ready to receive you. Only let Him you use. He is always ready to receive you. John 6:37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. See, He wants us. All of us to be with Him.