Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Carry on my wayward son

For there'll be peace when you are done

Lay your weary head to rest

Don't you cry no mo..."

"Hello?"

"You're needed back home,"

"Wait, wha...? Dad?" 17 year old CJ Argent blinked blaringly at his phone as he sat up on the bed, "what's up?"

"The Alpha attacked your sister at the school," Chris Argent, as usual, goes straight to the point.

Hearing this, CJ became wide awake as panic and concern for his only sister consumed him. "What do you mean attacked? How could she be attacked with all her classmates around her?"

"It was during nighttime, plus she was lured,"

"Lured?" at this CJ felt some anger rising within him, "and what were you doing, huh? Thought you had this whole alpha issue all handled?"

"We're doing our best,"

"Yeah, well apparently your best isn't enough now is it? Your daughter was attacked! If you refuse to tell her about the family business then the least you shoulda done is provide her with the right protection!"

"Watch your tone, kid," CJ hadn't noticed that he was nearly shouting until he heard the warning in his father's voice. "Do your best to get here asap," and with that he hung up the phone.

*****

The school yard was busy with the chatter of students as they gossiped over the latest news where a bunch of students were attacked inside their very school. The identity of the students was kept quiet, but the after effect of that crazy night was still being repaired.

In a parked red SUV, sat an agitated Allison Argent in the backseat with an amused aunt sitting in the passenger's seat and a paranoid overprotective father in the driver's seat.

"Kate what's your opinion on home schooling?" Chris mused, half-series about the subject.

"Hmm," Kate pretended to think deeply about it, "Well, you know, I'm more of a learning-by-doing kind of girl," she sent a teasing grin in retaliation to her brother's glare.

Allison shook her head in disbelief, "what's your opinion on overprotective dads who keep ruining their daughter's lives?"

Kate shot a cheeky grin at Allison before leaning over to unlock the door, but Chris held her hand in a tight grip, preventing her from touching the button, "not so fast." In the backseat Allison let out an annoyed groan as she threw herself backwards.