Chapter 11

Amber's pov

Waking up next to Jay was amazing after all those weeks waking up next to Lee.

I'm glad Jay and Lee are seperate now because now I haven't just got a mate, I've got a pet werewolf too. I can't believe Jay let me keep Lee after what he did but I'm glad. I've never had a pet before and always wanted one.

Jay was fast asleep next to me so I decided to pay Lee a visit. I made my way downstairs and into the back garden where Lee was sleeping under the tree.

I walked up to him and stroked his soft black fur, he immediately woke up and was so happy to see me. He licked my whole face eagerly.

"Ew Lee," I said in disgust.

Lee gave me a wolfy laugh.

"This isn't funny Lee and don't make a habit of licking me it's gross," I wiped my face on my sleeve and Lee laughed again.

I sat down on the grass next to Lee and he rested his head on my lap to snuggle against me while I petted his soft fur.

A few minutes later, Jay came storming  out of the house and towards us.

"Jay," I greeted.

"Amber how could you?" Jay asked in a hurt tone of voice.

"How could I what? I asked in confusion.

"How could you come out here without telling me? I was so worried," Jay pulled me up off the ground and into his arms.

"I'm sorry you were a sleep and I didn't want to wake you," I apologised.

"You could have to stop me from worrying,"

"I will next time," I promised.

"Next time? Are you planning of making a habit of leaving me in bed to see him ?" Jay asked angrily and glaring at Lee.

"Of course not, I meant I'll tell you before I go somewhere in the future," I said quickly.

"Oh," Jay said as he sighed into my neck.

"Jay?"

"Hmmm?"

"Let's go inside,"

"With pleasure," Jay agreed and took my hand to lead me inside after glaring at Lee one more time.

"You don't have to glare at him all the time," I said when we were inside.

"What am I supposed to do? Give him the biggest smile ever after what he did?" Jay asked rhetorically.

"That would be a start,"

"A start of what?" Jay asked incredulously.

"Moving on,"

"I can move on but that doesn't mean I have to get along with him,"

"Why not?"

"Because I can't trust him. What if I forgive him and then he tries something," Jay asked.

"What is he going to try now he can't do anything. He is a werewolf for crying out loud?"

"I know he's just a werewolf now but it won't stop him from trying something,"

"He can only try, he won't succeed," I assured my mate.

"Why are we talking about him? What a
waste of time?" Jay asked.

"How's it a waste of time? We weren't doing anything before,"

"I know but we could've been," Jay said with a suggestive look of list in his eyes.