Chapter One - Starting My New Life

“Mom, I’m headed out with Mia,” I shouted from the foyer.

“Wait a second there missy. Where are you going and is there anyone else going with you?” My mom asked.

“Yes mom. Savannah and Ashley are joining us later.

“Just make sure not to be home too late,” she said with a smile on her face.

“Sure mom,” I said as I was shutting the door. I didn’t want to give her time to ask about any boys.

After hitting many yellow lights and receiving many texts from Mia asking where I was, I finally got to the mall. Mia was sitting outside our favorite store, Forever 21.

“I’m so sorry. I planned to be on time, but you know how my mother can be sometimes,” I said to Mia.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. You know you could always walk out of the door five minutes earlier so you can leave at the time you planned,” Mia replied.

“Well, you see,” I replied while chuckling.

“Whatever, let’s go find some cute clothes so we can impress cute college boys,” Mia said before winking at me and heading into Forever 21.

“Hey, look at that cutie on the bench now,” I said to Mia.

“Seriously, he looks five years older than us Olivia,” Mia replied.

“No harm dating older men, you know.”

“Yeah, until you find out that they are pedophiles.”

“Jeez, why do you always exaggerate things?”

“That’s what I’m here to do. Now stop looking at guys. We have some serious shopping to do,” Mia said.

The rest of the day seemed go smoothly. Savannah and Ashley joined us shortly after Forever 21, and I walked away buying about 7 outfits and some makeup all for under $100. The only downfall was for some reason I had this feeling every now and then that I was being followed, but every time I went to look I saw no one suspicious.

“Alright I probably won’t see you girlies until we move into our apartment this weekend, so I hope everyone has safe travels,” I said to everyone.

“You too, Olivia,” replied Ashley.

“Yeah, you too,” replied Savannah.

As Mia and I headed to our cars on the other side of the parking lot I saw that guy again.

“Look Mia, it’s him again. He looks like he’s staring at us,” I said to Mia.

“Olivia, just keep walking and once you get to your car leave as soon as possible. I don’t like the look of him,” Mia replied.