Chapter Four - The Beach

“Do you know what time it is,” I said when I answered my phone.

“I’m sorry hunny, I just wanted to let you know that your mother and I want you to come home this weekend,” my dad replied.

“Dad, I’ve only been gone for a week.”

“I know, but we want to see you. Plus we have some things to talk about.”

“Well it’s going to have to wait because I have plans for this weekend. Also I don’t want to be labeled as that girl who has separation issues from my family.”

“Olivia, I need you to take this serious. Your mother and I are expecting you tomorrow evening, no exceptions.”

“We’ll see about that,” I replied while hanging up so he couldn’t’ retort.

*~*

“So it’s our first official weekend of college,” Mia shouted throughout our apartment.

“We should do something extravagant to represent our freedom,” Ashley replied.

“I was thinking of going to the beach or tubing this weekend,” I stated.

As long as it didn’t consist of me going home.

“I like the beach idea,” Savannah said.

“The beach sounds great to me, maybe we will find some cute boys,” Mia replied.

“It’s about time, I’m not seeing any guys around here that I like,” Ashley said.

“It’s only been a week, don’t go a little boy crazy,” I retorted.

“Says the one who has been hanging out with that guy all week,” Ashley replied.

“We aren’t hanging out and I don’t like him so it doesn’t count,” I said while walking to my room to get ready.

After throwing on my favorite Victoria Secret bathing suit with a white cover up and grabbing a towel, the girls and I hit the road to try out the local beach.

“I can’t believe we actually have to pay for parking here,” Mia said.

“Yeah, what do they think we are, some rich college kids,” Ashley countered.

“This beach isn’t just for college kids. But I agree this paying for parking thing is ridiculous. It makes me miss our apparently very rare free beach.” I replied.

“Okay so we’ll each pay for an hour. I’ll pay for the first one, Olivia you want to pay for the next one before lunch. Then Ashley and Mia you guys can split the two after lunch.” Savannah suggested.

“Great thinking,” Mia said.

After putting money in the machine we all hit the beach and laid our towels out.

“Oh man I smell something burning, is that you all or is it my eyes from looking at you four smoking hot girls,” this really hot tall dark-haired boy said as he was walking near us with his friends.

“Seriously, a cheesy pick up line?” Mia scoffed.

“Sorry, I’ve always wanted to use one and I couldn’t pass up this opportunity,” he replied while chuckling.

“Well since you’ve already made an attempt to hit on us, can we at least get you and your friends names,” Mia said with a smile on her face.

“Oh yeah, my name is Josh and this is my friends Brandon, Noah, and Tyler,” Josh replied while pointing at each of his friends.