The "Do you want to be my boyfriend" time.

THEN

Thomas S. Fitz was trying to catch up with the boy running in front of him, he was nervous about what the topic he wanted to talk, he checked his running outfit, he knew the other boy wouldn't judge him if he were wearing bikinis, but the other was faster at that moment and Thomas was more tired because he had finished his training after hours when the other boy had arrived and started to run.

Why was Thomas running if he was tired? Because when Peter Delley, the tall dark skinned boy was around it was the only thing Thomas could focus on and think about. The only thing apart from soccer of course.

After the third lap, the boy Peter slowed down, on purpose, to allow his stalker to reach him, then the taller boy was sweaty and smiling, with his perfect set of teeth beaming light into Thomas' life.

"Someone's a little slow today

"Someone's a little slow today..." Peter teased and Thomas flipped the bird at the other, he bent over to catch his breath and he was aware of Peter hovering around, laughing his deep laughter. "When are you going home, Tom?" Peter asked and Thomas didn't like that it was the first question the other had for him. He took a deep breath before replying.

"Not really sure... I can stay and watch you train..." Said Thomas and Peter rolled his eyes. Shaking his head.

"The point of us training in different periods during the week is that we can focus on soccer, not on each other. You came up with the idea." Argument Peter and it Thomas' turn to roll his eyes.

The two boys had decided to train at different times of the day since when they trained together they had a hard time to focus on the drills, and always ended up monopolizing each other.

"I'm regretting that. I need to talk to you..."

"We talk all the time."

"No, I need to talk to you now." Said Thomas, he was doing weird faces so Peter knew the boy was struggling with something.

"What's up?" Asked the boy getting closer

"What's up?" Asked the boy getting closer. Thomas noticed the lack of distance and checked the other boy over interested before speaking.

"What are we?" Thomas asked and Peter laughed, the man even looked around expecting something else to come after the sentence, but he realizes Thomas was serious. The laughter stopped.

"Why are you asking this, Tom?"
"I don't know what we are... We've been hanging out for 3 months and for as long as I am aware you haven't seen anyone else in a while." Thomas said. He didn't look into Peter's eyes.

"You call what we've been doing 'hanging out'?" The other boy asked, he closed his eyes for a while to think, Thomas stared at his resting beautiful face, he had never said that but he loved that face and it was what he saw every time he closed his own eyes.

"Tom, we haven't hung out, we have been on to many dates and we are very exclusive." Thomas smiled and looked around, there was nobody else on the running track and Thomas stared at the other boy.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" He was shaking, Peter just stared at him. "I know your parents won't like it, neither will mine, but I think that calling you my boyfriend is the only thing I could do right now, I want to have the right to be jealous of you, and not feeling weird for waiting for your calls..."

"Yes. I one hundred percent would love to be your boyfriend." To Thomas surprise, Peter hugged him tight, the boy could feel his fresh boyfriend bulge touching him, and his stronger arms around him, he smelled the boy's sent and he noticed he was leaning onto Peter. They could not afford to kiss at the small stadium, some people were in the stands, they wouldn't mind being seen, but the didn't want Peter parents finding out like that. so that was the closest they could do to get intimate. "I just have to ask if you are ok with waiting before we tell our parents, mine at least, but if you tell yours they'll mine for sure..."

"Whatever you want." Thomas said as they separated.

"We do have to tell grandpa and grandma Fitz though, I trust them." Peter said and Thomas laughed, he loved how Peter called Thomas' grandparents.

That was one of Thomas happiest memories. He found himself thinking about that day lots of times and for a while, it was comforting and joyful, then it became sad.

The boy didn't know that they would spend two more years together, he didn't know they would split and he didn't know they would meet again, he didn't know that they meet and Peter was going to be a professional player and Thomas only a just debuted tryout.

But they've met.