Jake

After I left the Mikaelson's mansion that night, I drove Nik's car over to Jake's house, this time I was alone, no Nik, and no interruptions. I turned the radio on, and Nicki Minaj was playing, it made me think of Jake. He was listening to Superbass when he  was working out. I walked up the pathway to his door. I knocked three times. I heard Jake walking towards the door. I heard the door knob moving, until the door finally opened. Jake opened the door wearing jeans, and a gray t shirt.

"Hey Alexis! No Klaus right now?" He asked.

"Hey, Klaus has to deal with some stuff at home, so it's just me!" I smiled.

"Well come on in!" He cheered, stepping out of the doorway, so I could come in. I stepped into his house, there were less boxes than earlier that day, I guess he unpacked some more.

"So What brings you here now?" He smiled.

"Jake, do you know the background about your last name?" I asked. Wow. I didn't sound like a creep.

"Um, not really. I guess it's really ancient." He replied confused.

"I know a lot about your last name, would you like to know?" I replied. I still sounded like a creep.

"Sure, I️ guess." He stated.

"Labonair is an ancient last name, and it is traced back to one of the first werewolf bloodlines." I said, voice shaking, hoping I didn't sound like a lunatic.

"I'm sorry?" He replied, very confused.

"You are a werewolf." My voice quavered. "So am I, so is Hayley."

"What the hell do you mean! None of us our half wolf beasts!" He cried. "We all look like normal humans! Are you pulling bull on me?" I guess he needed proof. I stuck my hand out, and turned it into a wolf paw. "What the f-" he started but I interrupted.

"I am your long lost cousin. I am of Labonair blood. My father was Joseph, and he was recently killed. I probably just shattered your world, so just take. A deep breath for a moment." Jake started to almost hyperventilate as I was talking. " Werewolves, vampires, witches, they are all real."

"So your telling me, I could turn into whatever the hell you are?!" He started to freak out.

"Becoming a werewolf is a curse that is in our blood. You have to trigger it." I replied, my voice starting to even my tone. "I am a vampire and a wolf. A hybrid. Niklaus is the original hybrid. He was born a wolf, and then turned into a vampire, he was the first vampire. He is over a thousand years old."

"So how do I trigger the curse?" He asked still freaking out.

"You have to kill someone." I replied. "Jake, so you ever feel extremely angry?" He nodded his head, "that is because the aggressiveness of a wolf is inside of you. If you ever trigger the curse, all of your bones will break, and then you will become a wolf. Not one of the stupid half human half wolves you see in horror movies, but a real wolf. I am a hybrid so I can turn at will. I can never turn if I want to. Niklaus made me like him, and your neighbor Lockwood, he is a hybrid."

"So you are saying, if I ever killed someone, even accidentally, I will be cursed to become a wolf for the rest of my life?" He cried. "No that can't happen."

"If you triggered it, and became a hybrid like me, then you could turn by choice." I replied. " just please don't kill anyone. Niklaus found out that Hayley is a triggered werewolf as well, so you are the only one who isn't triggered."

"Okay so I am the black Sheep of the remaining family?" He asked.

"Pretty much, but don't worry, it's not necessarily a thing to be proud of." I confirmed. "Oh! At the Mikaelson's mansion tomorrow, we are going to have a party. You are invited, and you have a plus one if you want, and we invited Hayley as well. It is a formal gathering so please wear a suit and tie. All of the details will be on the invitation you will receive tomorrow." Jake still seamed pretty confused about the whole situation.

"Thanks, but I don't have a suit." He replied.

"Come over tomorrow, and I can get one for you!" I cheered. "Good night!"

"Good night!" He said, opening the front door, and waving. I ran out to the car, and had a breathe of relief.

"I have family." I whispered, "I have a family."