Why Am I in Your Car?

Millie's POV:

"Why am I in your car?" I coughed, blood filling my mouth.

"You passed out in your bedroom, so I ran over from my house to get you and bring you to the hospital." Finn spoke clearly, keeping his eyes focused on the road. I swallowed hard.

"Oh, you didn't — you don't have to bring me to the hospital I'll be fine." I spoke barely above a whisper.

"Goddamn it Millie! You know you're not fine— you're coughing up blood and your nose is clearly broken!" He yelled running a hand through his hair. I jumped at his sudden out burst and immediately had to start blinking back tears, hopefully he doesn't notice.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you I'm just worried." He spoke parking in front of the hospital.

I didn't move, I don't feel strong enough to walk. Finn unbuckled his seat belt and ran around the car opening the door for me to get out. I sucked in a breath and climbed out immediately my legs went weak and I collapsed on the ground. He reached down helping me up again and once I was on my feet he scooped me up in his arms and carried me inside the hospital.

"Can someone please help me! My girlfriend lost a lot of blood and needs medical attention!" He screamed getting the nurses to rush over with a gurney. Did he just call me his girlfriend? I must be hallucinating from the blood loss.

      He gently set me on the gurney and grabbed my hand, walking with the doctor and nurses. I began to cough once again and blood spewed out of my mouth. Everyone stopped dead in their tracks and started wheeling me in the other direction. Finn had to let go of my hand when the doctors stopped the gurney outside of the operating room, a nurse escorted him to an empty room nearby.

     They continued wheeling me in and set me up on the operating table. A nurse cut open the front of my shirt and put a mask over my mouth, count to three she whispered into my ear.

                   One. Two. Darkness.

{three hours later}

I woke up with an IV in my arm, things shoved up my nose and my torso wrapped in bandages.

"What the fu—." I started but was shortly cut off by Finn. What is he doing here?

"Oh thank God, Millie you're awake! Don't move I'll get a doctor." Finn spoke rushing out of the room and down the hallway.

{five minutes later}

"Ah you're awake Ms.Brown, how do you feel?" The doctor spoke, checking my vitals.

"I feel like I've been hit by a truck." I hoarsely spoke, looking at my lap.

"Well that's because you broke your nose, seven of your ribs, which punctured your lung, and you're pelvis was fractured slightly." Dr.Owen's spoke running a hand through his hair.

    "Oh...." I trailed off playing with the blanket covering my legs.

    "Well we're going to keep you over night and then you'll be cleared by tomorrow night and you'll be able to go home." He spoke placing my chart at the end of the bed.

    The doctor left and Finn sat down awkwardly looking at me.

   "How do you feel?" Finn said finally speaking up.

   "Horrible. Why did you bring me here in the first place I would've been fine you know?" I truthfully spoke.

   "Millie believe it or not I actually care about you. I didn't want you to die or anything so I panicked and brought you to the hospital." Finn spoke softly not making eye contact.