Finn? What Are We?

{at the hospital}

Millie's POV:

It's six-thirty p.m. and I'm just finally being released from the hospital, Finn being the kind gentlemen he is, is bringing me home. He just finished packing up the few items in my room as Cara came in pushing an empty wheelchair for me.

She had helped me get dressed earlier into clothes Finn brought me from my house which I gladly appreciated from both parties.

I slowly sat up in bed and swung my legs over the side of it, standing up slowly with the help of Cara. She spun the wheelchair around and helped me turn around so I could sit down, I was finally getting to leave, hallelujah!

Finn set my small bag on my lap, thanking Cara for all of her help and then began pushing me out of the hospital room. I turned around and gave Cara a small wave, which she returned with a timid smile and a nod.

Finn began pushing me down the hall slowly humming to himself before I spoke up.

"Finn? Thank you for everything you've done for me these past few days I really appreciate it." I said looking ahead as he pushed me closer to the outside world.

"Of course Mills, I'd do it anyti— I mean yeah it was no big deal." He said ruffling my hair with one hand while pushing the wheelchair with the other. A sly smile crept on to my face as he did that. Was I actually about to fall for Finn Wolfhard? I don't even know him that well, what am I talking about?

{car ride home}

Millie's POV:

For the past twenty minutes Finn has been singing to every song that's come on the radio, and I must admit it's really cute. He's been driving carefully so he doesn't hurt me in anyway and he doesn't know how much I appreciate him just being here with me and helping me.

'Just the way you are'  by Bruno Mars just came on the radio and it's becoming really hard to contain myself right now. Okay screw it I'm singing.

"AND WHEN YOU SMILE THE WHOLE WORLD STOPS AND STARES FOR AWHILE..." I belted out which caused Finn to come to a complete and sudden stop in the middle of the road, thank God no one was behind us.

      "Okay, OW, what the fu— ." I started but Finn cut me off.

"I didn't know you could sing so beautifully and it shocked me, I'm sorry if I hurt you." He spoke placing his hand on my thigh rubbing it slightly and continued driving again. I shivered at his touch, not used to physical contact after living by myself for a year.

I wonder if he can hear my heart beating out of my chest right now, I wonder if he can sense how nervous I get around him, I wonder if he can feel the shaking from my anxiety that caused my legs to go numb, I wonder I—.  My thoughts were interrupted when Finn slowly stopped his car in my driveway.

    {Millie's house}

Turning off the car and unbuckling his seat belt, Finn opened his door and ran around the front of the car to open mine. What a gentlemen. He reached over me unbuckling my seat belt and then he held his hands out so I could grab them and slowly get out of the car. When I was fully out of the car, I smiled up to him saying a small 'thank you'.

Finn got my bag out of the backseat and then place his arm around my waist as gently as he could steadying me and helping me walk faster.