Chapter 4: The Departure.

Echo.

The sun rose slowly and I could hear the chirping of the birds from outside my tent. I couldn't sleep well all night because no matter how hard I tried, that fear was still there that what if he finds out before I manage to execute my plans well. I stepped out of the tent and looked outside which wasn't filled with people yet except the maids who were walking here and there to make breakfast for everyone.

I picked a robe and my washcloth before heading towards the river where I met Easter sitting there and probably waiting for me. I set my robe on the rock at the bed of the river and pulled off my slippers before stepping into the not so deep river.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as I began to wash myself clean.

"I know the reason you are accepting to do this Echo, so you can come back and be father's favourite, just for you to be a hero. I won't let that happen though, you know., and that is even if you come back from their territory alive." She said rudely and I wasn't quite moved by her rudeness because I was used to it already.

"If that is what you think Easter, think it. But I'm already much better than you by accepting to save the pack's fate. You're too selfish to do that." I replied and she scoffed with disgust in her tone.

"In your dreams! You really do wish that you were better but that is just a delusion, you're not special and that is why father thinks he can give you out to the monster and not me. No Mather what you do or how much you do it, I, Easter would always be much better than you. Get that into your thick skull or I'll force it inside." She stood up angrily and marched off but I wasn't bothered at all.

I had important things to deal with than her babyish act. She seriously needed to grow up. She was already twenty two years old for crying out loud. But oh well.

After taking my bath, some maids immediately came over to me and led me towards the main tent which was for Easter and father. I stepped into the tent and I could see different maids packing some clothes in a small box.

"She needs a complete makeover because she doesn't look like me at all." Easter hissed and father stood before me to look at me.

"She looks just like you Easter. You both aren't twins for nothing." Father said as he ran his fingers through my soft and silky hair. "Just her hair is a bit softer than yours."

"Of course, she is much younger and weaker." Easter examined her nails and all father did was clear his throat to stop her from talking.

"Remember everything we've spoken about Echo. Do not go out of the plan for any reason at all. You are there for a reason, don't let him take you with the same reason you're there for okay?"

"Yes father." I replied and he patted my head gently.

"Alpha." His beta rushed in. "They are nearing campsite."

Easter looked at me with a frown. She couldn't deny the fact that I looked so much like her from head to toe. It was literally like we were staring in the mirror for our reflecting.

From our long and silky black hair to our green eyes and heart shaped lips. We also spoke the same way sometimes and I smiled a bit when a childhood memory flashed across my mind. When we were around five, we used to do switch up games and we would confuse our nannies. I missed that version of my sister but now, I don't even know who she is again. She changed a lot and has become more prideful, maybe because she was the alpha to be.

She stepped out before me, dressed in my style. I peeked outside through the open tent entrance and I saw Caeser walk into camp, holding a golden chain with him and a evil smirk danced on his lips. "So, do we have an agreement?" He said to my father who just nodded slightly and Caeser smiled triumphantly.

"As long as your daughter doesn't run away and satisfies me without complain, we have deal till the end of my era but if she tries to run away. Even once, I'll make sure she pays for it and so will you although it might not be brutal. Depending on my mood."

"Understood, Ceaser." My father replied and looked at Easter who hid her fear of him recognizing her perfectly. "Uh, she is Easter, her twin sister."

"Identical twins. Isn't that great? Should I have just taken them both?" Caesar closed his eyes gently like he was trying to sniff something before his sharp gaze turned towards me, almost piercing right through me. "Look who we have here."

He moved away from the rest and walked towards me. I felt a pit in my stomach and I was shivering. My heart was beating very fast and also in my mouth.

"No need to hide from me, wolf. We would have a lot of sweet time together. We can even play hide and seek if you want." He flashed me his brightest smile before pulling me out from the tent and the shackles attached to the chain held my hand firmly in a place like I was an animal.

"You now belong to me." His words were scary but I had to swallow my fear and so I simply nodded before he dragged me along and stopped right before my father and Easter who was standing next to him.

"If you'll be privileged to see her again, you will." Caeser said and my father for the first time since I could remember, hugged me.

"Thank you, Echo." He whispered and I nodded with a smile. Easter didn't even spare me a glance at all.

Right now my goal may look and sound simple like it was what everyone could easily do but no, it isn't. As I walked out of my territory into the enemy's territory, only one thing rang in my mind, make him and his whole kind pay for everything they've done to the werewolves.